What is your fave fitness tracker and why?

Options
I've been searching for a good fitness tracker but had problems in the past with trackers counting steps while I'm wiping counter tops or stuffing envelopes. I'd like to try and track calories burned as I work out. What's your favorite tracker and why do you love it?? <3

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    My LG Sport Smart watch with Google Fit. Works like a dream.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit...
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Polar watch. Small, able to track all activity even sleep, seems to be the most accurate out of all the others I've seen.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I mostly wear my apple watch when exercising. I noticed that sometimes my phone tracks my steps (I see it added to the app) so this combination is working for me.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Garmin Vivoactive HR. It's programmed for multiple activities, long battery life, waterproof, GPS, optional chest strap.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Garmin Fenix 3 HR - it tracks everything 24 hrs per day, has a long watch life between charges, is durable, and it has customizable watchfaces and interchangeable watchbands so it looks good in all environments (gym, work, social settings, etc.).

os3mgxjmn03o.png

• RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit 2 Charge... but I've been thinking about getting a Garmin
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Another garmin vote. If you are a runner it has gps built in to track speed and distance. It tracks my steps sleep calories etc. Fully waterproof. Really like it.
  • dawncolleen0120
    dawncolleen0120 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Another Garmin here too. Had it for almost 2 years and have yet to need a new battery.
  • lhub2
    lhub2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Alta. The new models come in rose gold, so it's almost like wearing jewelry. It shows time, heart rate, steps, active minutes, calories burned and distance you've walked that day. And it's pretty.
  • jasminnatale
    jasminnatale Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome Suggestions! Thanks Guys! :)
  • macclone
    macclone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I use my Apple Watch, but MFP is only recording a fraction of my workout (steps). I guess I have add cycling and rowing manually?
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    FitBit Charge HR. I love the data given about my sleeping (naps are recorded too!), my heart-rate, steps, TDEE estimate, etc. The challenges are also a great motivator. I'm a busy student, but I've found ways to sneak in steps to at least not be in last place. The milestone badges, lifetime step records, and trophies are also nice. My FitBit truly made me realize the importance/impact of frequent movement versus structured exercise. I still set aside time for yoga and bodyweight exercises, but my TDEE numbers are mainly due to the summation of mini-walks and extra steps taken throughout the day. FitBit isn't perfect, but it works for me.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Garmin rocks. I have the Vivosmart HR and upgraded to the Fenix 3HR and love them both. Totally waterproof, fantastic devices.

I want me some Fenix 5 though.
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/p/552982
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Fitbit Surge. I love it. Has everything I need at this point. I can program certain exercises. However it is not waterproof. When it goes kaput, I will consider a Garmin.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Love my Garmin. Fenix 5X. Maps in the backcountry without a signal for my phone. Also talks to the power meter on my bike.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Another Garmin user here. About to upgrade to my third device (at last, been eyeing it for months). Vivofit first gen was my first device ever, no recharge, runs on a watch battery. Had it a year, never needed recharged. Currently have the first gen Vivoactive. Only needs charged about once a week depending on activity. Less active, longer battery life, tracking exercise, less battery life. Had it more than 18 months, not a single issue with it and love that I don't have to take it off to shower.

Next weekend (yahoo!) I am buying the Forerunner 235. I aspire to the Fenix 3 but it is sadly out of my price range for the time being.

The Garmins are hard wearing, nice app with good data and my calorie burns have always been spot on.
  • topomapper
    topomapper Posts: 13 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Vivofit3. I think it's over qualified. There is no objective way to test the accuracy from these things. I would just go for a simple AM that does steps only if I had to do it again. Linear movement seems to work best for these. Running, walking, biking. False positives on steps when doing exercises.

I wear it because it keeps me off my butt but use MET tables and this nifty equation to get it...

____MET Value x 3.5 x _____kg body weight ÷ 200 = calories burned per minute.

These links:
    https://cooperinstitute.org/2012/04/met-minutes-a-simple-common-value-to-track-exercise-progress/

https://sites.google.com/site/compendiumofphysicalactivities/Activity-Categories
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    topomapper wrote: »
    Vivofit3. I think it's over qualified. There is no objective way to test the accuracy from these things.

You can test their calorie accuracy objectively for cycling if you can get access to a power meter. There are places that rent them.
  • Samanthaporter38
    Samanthaporter38 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Samsung Gearfit 2 and i love it!!