Been here for a while but keep starting over

Options
Hi All! I have had MFP for years now but I keep falling in and out and not being consistent. I have never posted or been active in the community section of this app. I'm trying it out and starting over. Hoping this can help me stay motivated by adding friends and staying active in the MFP community.
Good Luck to All on their Journey!

Replies

• KymberE
    KymberE Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am the exact same! I have been a member for years then fall off the wagon etc. I am seriously going to try, this time!!! My issues aren't so much the eating, it's drinking beer and not exercising!!! LOL I have had some things change in my life over the last few months that have now made me want to give this a serious try, again!

Good Luck to you!
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    If you don't leave you don't have to come back.
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have done the same thing! This time I am adding more friends, it has helped a lot lately.
    Everyone is very supportive so far!
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Keep coming back and reading the forum posts, we're nice people... aren't we?
  • changeNeeded87
    changeNeeded87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Same here. I started back up again... this time focusing more so on food first and then exercise.
  • ariyasha2691
    ariyasha2691 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing! I've been on here on and off for the last 3 years. I'll log in, dedicate to it, and then give up and just stop. I need to crack down on this, I'm not happy with my body, and support from other people helps. It's the extra push to keep going, rather than give up like I have.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Welcome back to MFP, You can do this. Keep tracking your calories, enjoy the journey. All the best!! Feel free to add me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,571 Member
    Options
    It basically comes down to lack of commitment. If one was TRULY committed to doing it, they would be consistent regardless of distractions and deterrences.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jasminnatale
    jasminnatale Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    But there's just so many fun distractions :p
    I'm getting better though!!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I'm back at it for the third time. I got to my first mini goal last year and felt great! I gained it all back in the winter. I'm hoping to stick to it this time. I'm going slower with the weight loss this time but I'm trying to make it a life change and not rush to lose it all. Good luck to you!
  • gottennis_2
    gottennis_2 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am just like you. Been a MFP log on user for several years and I just keep bouncing back and forth using the app. Always looking for new friends to help keep me motivated. It's not that I need to lose a lot of weight. for me it is more about trying to be consistent in eating and staying healthy so I can continue being as active as I am today.
  • jasminnatale
    jasminnatale Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Life catches up with you sometimes and it can be hard to stay on track but we can do it!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    But there's just so many fun distractions :p
    I'm getting better though!!
    The distraction isn't the issue overall. It's the lack of commitment AFTER a distraction. In other words, you go out and have a night that exceeds what you're supposed to calorie wise. The next day you quit because of it. That's LACK OF COMMITMENT to the plan. You learn to account for the day and move on.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Life catches up with you sometimes and it can be hard to stay on track but we can do it!!
    Life doesn't FORCE you to consume more than you need to. YOU make that decision.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png