Kind of a newb questions...

Options
Hi! So I'm very new to working out. Quick question: on the days that I exercise should I be eating more so that my net caloric intake is meeting my daily caloric goal?

Thanks <3

Replies

• vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You should eat a bit more because your body will need nutrients and you do need a certain amount of calories for your organs to work properly. But don't think "I can binge because I'll work out later", which is where some people get caught.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    In a word.....

YES!

It needs to be close to or at your daily goal! By NOT eating back the exercise calories you will be putting your body in survival/starvation mode and GAIN weight.
  • cindi87
    cindi87 Posts: 6
    Options
    Very informative! Thank you all :)
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Yes'ms.
  • Jdine
    Jdine Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    No you do not need to eat more.. As long as you are eating three good meals a day and getting your calories above 1200 you will not enter starvation mode.. When you workout it will create a larger deficit and your body will have to turn to fat (stored calories) to get the rest of the nutrients you need. feel free to look at my diary and see the meals I eat and the calorie deficit I create
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My trainer said dont do it... as long as you are getting the right amount of calories, why would you eat what you burn? You would hardly lose weight! Thats how I lost 6 pounds last week- safely.
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I only eat half of my exercise calories to create a 500 daily deficit. If it exceeds that number I'll eat more.