Losing 31 lbs from April-Now

Options
Hey guys, so I just wanted to give a little motivation through my own journey. My weight has always yo-yoed, I have even suffered from an eating disorder for half of my life, which is still something I am still working on especially now as I am losing weight the healthy way. My highest weight was 171 (being 5'2) and I couldn't believe it, I knew I was gaining weight but the scale shocked me, then unfortunately my husband deployed and it was (still is) incredibly hard for me. Instead of dealing with emotions the unhealthy way, I decided to put my all in dedicating to be healthier. I started with walks, then runs, then weights. It is a very slow process (although it seems as I lost those 31 lbs super fast) but I am still working on being fit. My biggest challenge, as I have suffered from anorexia, is not paying attention to the scale as it becomes an obsession. My goal is to be fit and healthy while still eating. It was very challenging especially in the beginning, I would almost break down because I could not run for longer than a few seconds but I just ran 4 miles without stopping on Monday! My advice is to: 1. Keep pushing through, even when you think you don't see resuts, keep going! 2. Track your calories 3. Use apps like Fooducate when shopping, it will take you a little longer to shop around but scanning the foods to determine if it is good for you is a lifesaver 4. Lift! Weights are great as you become stronger and lose weight 5. Be patient even when you don't see results 6. Believe in yourself and motivate yourself! No picture just because I feel a little funny about this being so public lol.

Replies

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Congratulations on working hard to overcome your ED and having a positive outlook. And a big congratulations on running 4 miles, that's great! Like you said, no need to be obsessed with the scale, its just a number and there is so much more to being happy and healthy. Looks like you have some great fitness and health goals, and I wish you the best of luck as you continue moving forward!

31 pounds is roughly 1.5lbs/week, so that seems like a reasonable weight loss rate, just remember that you are more than that number :smile:
  • Armywife04_21
    Armywife04_21 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It was for sure very difficult at first because the last time I lost a lot of weight I would starve myself so it took a little getting used to. MFP definitely helps staying on track on what I need!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!