Friends needed

Options
Hey guys! Hoping to pickup a few friends on this long journey that I am on. I completely blew through my normal routine since moving to Austin 3 years ago. Tons of good food and social commitments. I *think* I have a good handle on things again, and am starting to hit my stride once more. Would love to have some friends helping me to stay positive and motivated along the way.

Replies

• 1beDoggone
    1beDoggone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are probably looking for younger friends, but I will do the journey with you. After all, an interest in weight loss unites us. For all my years, I finally realize, after a health scare, that it is not a diet I need, but a lifestyle change.
    So many times, I heard and brushed off that lifestyle change ideology, but, thank goodness, the cobwebs in my head are clearing.

As a living organism, our body requires food for nourishment. So why should I feel bad or guilty for eating? It all comes down to choices and the decisions I make.
    I am even changing how I speak of my new adventure to be more positive emphasizing, lifestyle change, not diet.
    The word diet always puts me in negative scrutiny of what I eat and leaves me feeling deprived.
    Whereas, now I am eating to live, not living to eat.

What I eat or even the scant exercise I have started to do, makes me feel more positive and motivates me. I liken it to making a bank deposit, what baby steps I make will accrue... to benefit me.

It sounds silly, but a baby step for me, is that each bathroom trip, I do 5 side bends in all 4 directions, left, right, front, and back. This is my time and something I am doing for myself and believe it or not now I am up to 15 reps, and no longer short of breath !
    Be strong, decide something that you can do that makes you feel good about yourself. And just do it.
    Best wishes for you, my new comrade, as we rage war on weight.

• angelv0
    angelv0 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I live in Austin!
  • MaddieUnicornRainbow
    Options
    @jsneed1 Hey there! Would love some support as well. Feel free to add me!
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    @jsneed1
    Feel free to add me
  • goldiejdb
    goldiejdb Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends who are serious about their weight loss journey as well ☺️
  • Theeerica
    Theeerica Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    @jsneed1 count me in for support
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Awesome that you found your way back on track! :)
  • rmugeke
    rmugeke Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this as well!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm on here daily and give support to my friends. Down 34lbs with another 20 or so to go. :)
  • EJBarner
    EJBarner Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends! :) I'm on here every day, log honestly, and am serious about changing my habits too.
  • 1beDoggone
    1beDoggone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried the Premier chocolate protein drink. [found at walmart].
    The addition of more protein really keeps me feeling full. I have not wanted to snack.