What's your BMI?

Options

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    26. Side note, didn't realise I'd dropped a point, so that's a nice surprise!

I think it sort of is and isn't. I certainly have body fat left to lose but my waist is well within healthy range due to my body shape. And I'm pretty fit.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    23.6, so high normal
    I am entirely too damned small for my own good, depsite the fact that I'm within spitting distance of overweight. Ah well, building back up from being a cut down FFG takes time.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    20.2. Because I carry a fair amount of muscle, I'm a bit leaner than my general preference. However, I recently cut about 4kg for weight class reasons. Better for me is around 21.3 but competition so...
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    36.3 (down from 42 a few months ago) and I don't think it accurately reflects overall health. BMI doesn't account for people who are muscular or who holds onto water weight too easily.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    35.6, down from 40.6. Currently, it is accurate.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    25.2 and yes/no. I'm in the healthy weight range that my doctor gave me for my body and down to 25-27% body fat. I still see myself as a little overweight and not where I want to be but I am healthy and fit and do not see the BMI number as an accurate reflection of my health. Neither does my doctor
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Depending on body weight fluctuations, 25.8 - 26.1...overweight, but not overweight...about 15% BF and fit...
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    28-ish depending on the day, down from more than 40 when I started. Yes, I feel that's a pretty accurate representation for me (I'm overweight, not obese; reasonably healthy but not ideal). It was also accurate when it was over 40.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    31.0. And I'm not sure what it's supposed to represent healthwise other than progress. Ten months ago, it was 45.

Ditto. ~45 last September now to 31. It tells me I'm still obese but very close to overweight. I'd say I'm overweight given my build.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    22.5 in maintenance; it was 42 before I lost weight. I feel like I'm at a high level of fitness and I'm happy with how I look.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    17.4 which sounds quite underweight but I don't have a great amount of muscle and am very small framed so it looks pretty normal on me. Looking at charts I actually look more like a bmi of 19 despite being less
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options

And no, given that:
    • I started at 60.3
    • The amount of working out I do
    • The numbers I got last time I had a health checkup
    I don't think it accurately represents where I'm at at all.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    26.3, and not really. I started with a BMI of 68.55 according to the same calculator, which was probably accurate then, but not now. I have a good 10-15 lbs of excess skin at this point. I am technically overweight by the BMI scale but if that excess skin were gone I'd be in the normal range. I don't think it's an accurate reflection of my health, having seen my iDXA scan and lack of fat, particularly in the upper body area.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Today it's 23.6. It's in the healthy range and I'm healthy so I guess it's doing a decent job of predicting.
  • kieranar
    kieranar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    65.5kg bmi 22.6 and 10.4 % body fat