Wow, I am almost there!

Options
odie02
odie02 Posts: 65 Member
My weight loss journey started by accident. A couple yrs ago, I became Type I diabetic. Not realizing what was wrong with me, I became very sick and lost 30 lbs in 30 days - while eating a ton. So, the diagnosis came and I started on my journey...

Last year, I had been doing pretty good, losing some more lbs., but then I got sick and had to go on steroids. Man do you gain weight FAST on them, and it is super hard to take back off. That was Oct 2010.

I started on here in March (didn't think to enter my original starting weight of 215) with the goal to get down to 135 lbs. I have been plugging away, watching what I eat most of the time, but not all of the time. I started doing light exercise, but not as much as I should...etc. So slowly I have been shrinking out of my clothes over the past 4 months, and to my surprise yesterday - I hit the 60 lbs loss mark! okay, technically 50, but I included the 10 pounds I gained on the steroids too.

I am now at 163 and only have 28 lbs to go to my final goal weight!!! I really can't believe I am that close! I never dreamed I could lose 80 lbs!!

I hope to reach my goal by my birthday....Valentine's Day :)

Replies

• TheresaRichardson
    Options
    Congratulations. That's great!!!!!
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can totally relate to the steroid thing. I've been on prednisone 4 times in the last year, and it's made me gain weight or unable to lose weight again and again. Very frusturating. You've had some amazing success, and you'll be at your goal in no time at all!
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    Did you find taking insulin contribute to weight gain?
  • audweaver
    audweaver Posts: 23
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up!:smile:
  • odie02
    Options
    Did you find taking insulin contribute to weight gain?

well, not so much gain...but it became MUCH harder to lose weight!!!
  • odie02
    Options
    Congrats! I can totally relate to the steroid thing. I've been on prednisone 4 times in the last year, and it's made me gain weight or unable to lose weight again and again. Very frusturating. You've had some amazing success, and you'll be at your goal in no time at all!

I was on huge doses of it during a hospital stay, for 8 days! I gained at 10 lbs that week! AND, I was starving all the time!
  • odie02
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! :bigsmile:
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That is totally AWESOME and AMAZING! It has been a tough journey for you, but keep up the awesome work!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! u could do it!!!
  • lenny1976
    lenny1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Thats great!
  • odie02
    Options
    That is totally AWESOME and AMAZING! It has been a tough journey for you, but keep up the awesome work!

Yes, it has been a challenge... Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!