Bread

Options
13»

Replies

• MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yep, bread has a higher glycemic index than cake. It's true. It's not just about calories. Higher GI foods spike blood glucose.

Plain french bread has a higher GI index than Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting? (the entries I looked up) I highly doubt that. Could you post a documented source for that?
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    White bread dipped in ketchup is delicious.

Just sayin'.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Don't overthink it. Stay under your calorie allotment and enjoy your bread in moderation. All these fitness geek number games will make it harder than it has to be.
  • csfarrington
    csfarrington Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check out https://www.westernbagel.com/

Their "Perfect 10" bagels are the ones I buy and they are of substantial size and only 150-160 calories but have 19g of protein so they are super filling. I eat them with PB2 or cream cheese, use them for sandwiches, and even made bread pudding with them. They definitely satisfy my bread cravings.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    natasor1 wrote: »
    Treat it like a piece of cake. Very interesting fact: your body have higher glycimic impact on bread rather then on cake. Do u eat cakes every day????

Most likely bread is going to have less calories than a slice of cake....

Noop, almost the same. Plus, any bread flour contain phytoglucans which gives more glycimic impuct than any high fat cakes
    May you please post a reputable link to this information @natasor1?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Treat it like a piece of cake. Very interesting fact: your body have higher glycimic impact on bread rather then on cake. Do u eat cakes every day????

My mind goes to the cake sandwich! ;-)

I was just coming into post... cake vs bread? Have none of you heard of the cake sandwich!?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP can you clarify why you want to eliminate bread from your diet? Is it that you have difficulty moderating your intake? Are you doing a low carb diet for medical reasons? Did you read somewhere that bread was "bad" or that you can't lose weight if you eat bread?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Don't buy it if you don't want it. Focus on other foods you enjoy.
    Moderate instead of eliminate. If you feel bread takes up too many calories and prevents you getting enough protein or something try eating it only once per day.
    Put the sliced bread loaf in the freezer and only take out a small amount at a time.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

Noop, almost the same. Plus, any bread flour contain phytoglucans which gives more glycimic impuct than any high fat cakes

I've seen some pretty weird claims on MFP. This one takes the cake.

It takes the cake sandwich!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

I've seen some pretty weird claims on MFP. This one takes the cake.

It takes the cake sandwich!

Im going to use this line at some point offline as an inside joke and then giggle like an idiot for 5 minutes straight just watch. People think im weird </3 hah