Starting Something Crazy!!!

Options
Vegatron70
Vegatron70 Posts: 29 Member
Trying something crazy. My grandmother is visiting the states in October, and most likely her last visit here due to her age. I want to look healthier like I was during her last visit, so my goal is to get down to 350 by October. I know this sounds like a lot, but I have been able to do it before without sacrificing my food intake. I started this week this week at 402lbs, and already down to 396lbs without exercises.

My calorie goal will stay around 2200/day
My exercises will be 60min./day (6 days a week minimum)

Going back to my all/mostly national foods diet. (keeping highly processed foods out (breads, pastas, anything that comes in a box)
Sticking with meats, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, eggs, etc.

Let's see what happens, I'll posts daily.

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Good luck :)
  • enoughisenough3565
    enoughisenough3565 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That's so sweet, I wish you all the luck!
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! :)
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!
  • Vegatron70
    Options
    I had a great outcome this weekend. Had only one high processed item this whole weekend (today actually and it was a small cookie from the neighbors daughter). The rest was fresh natural food or very lightly processed (3 ingredients or less). Keeping it going for the week.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Vegatron70 wrote: »
    I had a great outcome this weekend. Had only one high processed item this whole weekend (today actually and it was a small cookie from the neighbors daughter). The rest was fresh natural food or very lightly processed (3 ingredients or less). Keeping it going for the week.

Well done
  • angel88mil
    angel88mil Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can do this !!!!!
  • Vegatron70
    Options
    Excited to see what week one brings me tomorrow morning at weigh-in
  • Vegatron70
    Options
    So my first week on this crazy short term goal has officially come to an end with some good starting numbers (though I know my body and I tend to lose 10lbs on the first week)

Starting weight – 402 lbs
    Current weight – 390 lbs
    Goal weight –-- 350 lbs
    Weight lost ---- 12 lbs

I’m starting to hit the gym this week with my first session yesterday and I’ll continue with my current diet plan and try not to steer off too much. I think what help me the most is keeping my cheat meal during the week, and really pushing for strict weekends. I’ve always let one cheat meal on the weekends turn into 3 or 4 cheat meals. Looking forward to the week and next week’s weigh-in.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Vegatron70 wrote: »
    So my first week on this crazy short term goal has officially come to an end with some good starting numbers (though I know my body and I tend to lose 10lbs on the first week)

Starting weight – 402 lbs
    Current weight – 390 lbs
    Goal weight –-- 350 lbs
    Weight lost ---- 12 lbs

I’m starting to hit the gym this week with my first session yesterday and I’ll continue with my current diet plan and try not to steer off too much. I think what help me the most is keeping my cheat meal during the week, and really pushing for strict weekends. I’ve always let one cheat meal on the weekends turn into 3 or 4 cheat meals. Looking forward to the week and next week’s weigh-in.

Freaking awesome result :+1: great job
  • Vegatron70
    Options
    So far so good. I've been right at or just under my 2200cal. target each day. and even though I was extremely tired yesterday, I still made it to the gym and felt much better afterwards. Looking forward to a productive and also relaxing family weekend. Starting to plan my meals for Monday to enjoy myself, but try to have another great weekend.
  • novalee1980
    novalee1980 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You're doing great - awesome, in fact. Hang in there. You can do this. - PS - Not really sure about that cheat meal, though. You can negate a lot of your calorie progress. Think about it.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Make sure you talk to your doctor so you don't hurt yourself in the process. Best wishes to you!
  • Vegatron70
    Options
    Finished up the end of the weekend/holiday, I'm happy with my outcome. I've been just under my target of 2200cal all week and stay true to my all natural diet plan (except for the sour cream donut I had, but put life into living). Looking forward to a great day and workout tomorrow with weigh in on Wednesday morning.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    You're doing great..I have a "treat" meal every week. I don't like the connotation of cheat meal. I believe all things in moderation. Keep up the great work.
  • Vegatron70
    Options
    Polo265 wrote: »
    You're doing great - awesome, in fact. Hang in there. You can do this. - PS - Not really sure about that cheat meal, though. You can negate a lot of your calorie progress. Think about it.

My cheat meals are still usually within my calorie limit, but I may add some more carbs (Bread) to it. Like a small sub or sandwich, and my wife, daughter and I usually enjoy a donut and coffee on Sundays.
  • Vegatron70
    Options
    Down another 5.4lbs
    CW - 385

So far, I'm very happy with the results. I haven't gotten to the gym as much as I want to, but my diet has been very consistent and show of important a good/healthy diet can be. weight loss isn't lost on the treadmill, but in the kitchen. I don't feel like I sacrificed anything with my meals. I'm eating around 2000-2200 calories per day and keeping my foods as natural/whole as possible.

My next focus is to incorporate the job a little more this next week and maybe add some jump rope in the mornings before work. Ready for Wednesday.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    :+1: .. keep chipping away