Smart waterbottles

Options
Hi! I want to get a smart water bottle that syncs to my phone. Anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

• boredloser
    boredloser Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    sallyjenn wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations?

Yes...don't waste your money, just get a water bottle with measurements on the side.

Exactly this ^. Get a bottle with measurements and then just log it in with the rest of your food diary.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    As long as your pee is clear/see through/pale yellow, you are drinking enough.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Instead of answering the lady's question, everybody is telling her to look at her pee...
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I don't "get it". I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but what makes a water bottle so smart? Like...seriously? Why does it sink to your phone? Can someone please explain this to me, lol. I feel outdated sitting here with my kroger brand plastic bottle...
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Instead of answering the lady's question, everybody is telling her to look at her pee...

Everybody?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Oof, I wasn't going to say anything, but looking at the options that popped up on Amazon, these do NOT appear to be a smart purchase. I understand the temptation, but those prices are not reasonable for what you're getting.
  • 2DUNNY
    2DUNNY Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    If you want to buy one, it's up to you, but drinking enough water isn't as big of a problem as it is hyped up to be.

Adam Ruins Everything - Why you don't need 8 glasses of water a day

i love that show!!!
  • 2DUNNY
    Options
    they also have a toothbrush that is bluetooth and hooks up wirelessly to your phone and tells you where you have missed brushing well.
  • mlsh1969
    mlsh1969 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting
  • 2DUNNY
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    2DUNNY wrote: »
    they also have a toothbrush that is bluetooth and hooks up wirelessly to your phone and tells you where you have missed brushing well.

:noway:

I don't understand when we became so helpless as a species. :confused:

no joke! there is also a "smart razor" that helps you shave better. my son & i are always in awe of the stupid products out there! (when i mentioned the toothbrush, i was NOT promoting it! LOL)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

:noway:

I don't understand when we became so helpless as a species. :confused:

no joke! there is also a "smart razor" that helps you shave better. my son & i are always in awe of the stupid products out there! (when i mentioned the toothbrush, i was NOT promoting it! LOL)

WHAT! I was just about to run out and buy one!

Consumerism makes the world go round. Convince people they need something... Yada, yada, yada.

How about a "smart I don't want to spend my money on this unnecessary crap because I have been successfully brushing my teeth for over 40 years and successfully shaving for over 20 years, and would like to see my money stay in my own pocket app?"
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Get a Hydo Flask. It is insulated so well you can leave it in a hot car all day and it stays cold. I keep it with me all day and it is on my night stand at night. Be sure to get the flip top lid so you don't need to uncap it for each sip. Is it smart,well no but we are talking about drinking water here and I don't want anything else to charge up.