I feel like Im giving up.

Options
Its been cold and ive lost all motivation. I feel like im giving up.:frown: Maybe Im just having a fat day. I just don't know. I don't wanna give up. This week is the first in a while ive wanted to exercise:bigsmile: but Im eating chips like they are going out of style:grumble: ........Well not like I use to, I use to sit down and finish a bag all by myself:blushing: ..........Any tips to get through this?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• JenniferMann24
    Options
    Its been cold and ive lost all motivation. I feel like im giving up.:frown: Maybe Im just having a fat day. I just don't know. I don't wanna give up. This week is the first in a while ive wanted to exercise:bigsmile: but Im eating chips like they are going out of style:grumble: ........Well not like I use to, I use to sit down and finish a bag all by myself:blushing: ..........Any tips to get through this?:flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Hello Jennifer.

Your story sounds all too familiar to me. Up until about 2 years ago this would happen to me all the time. Hopefully this post that I wrote a little while back helps.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/13618-the-dying-art-of-will-power
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Throw the chips in the trash. Do an exercise DVD since you can't get out of the house. Put on some good music and start high stepping and shaking booty!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I think this should help:

theantijared.blogspot.com
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Thanks Banks! How did I miss that thread of yours? Great advice as always!:drinker:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I've had days like that too. You see some good changes at first and then they aren't so obvious so you think " what am I doing this for?"

You are doing this for you so you can be healthy and energetic.

You are doing this for you so that when you are older you don't have a ton of health problems like diabetes, heart issues or assorted aches and pains.

You are doing this so you can play with those sweet children that are in your picture and not have to sit down breathing hard.

Put the chips down, they never solved anything. Pick yourself up again and get on the MFP bandwagon. It's a great place to be and you are doing this for the most important reason in the world.

For you!
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I agree. Toss the chips. If you need a crunchy salty snack try Reduced fat triscits with a wedge of laughing cow spredable cheese. This really helps me curb the chip cravings with a healthier snack. Stick with it. It will it. 15 lbs lost way to go!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Thanks Banks! How did I miss that thread of yours? Great advice as always!:drinker:

I guess you don't love me like you say you do. LIAR! :angry:

LOL, just kiddin.
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! SPECIAL THANKS TO SHBoss1673 AND havingitall. I needed that so much. I know I can do this! For me and my family:flowerforyou:
  • Mangoaddict
    Options

I guess you don't love me like you say you do. LIAR! :angry:

LOL, just kiddin.

Hahahah...can an MFPer's love for banks be measured??? Truly :tongue:
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    Jenny - YOU can do this! We are all a witness to your results. Get back to it and try a workout today, the rest will be history.
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hello Jennifer.

Your story sounds all too familiar to me. Up until about 2 years ago this would happen to me all the time. Hopefully this post that I wrote a little while back helps.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/13618-the-dying-art-of-will-power

I read the thread, and I think it is definitely worth a *bump*
    But as you have changed your user name, I thought perhaps you might cut and paste it in a new thread for all of us. Just a thought.:smile:
  • hlg2279
    hlg2279 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have alot of days which i want to give up. Then I take my pills for diabetes and blood thinner because I had stroke when I was 40 and then my insulin shot. The shot and my stroke reminds me why I can't give up. I fought hard to recover from the stroke and never want to repeat that. So I put on my IPOD and I start riding my exercise bike for a couple minutes then stop for a couple then repeat until I make it to my goal for the day. Instead of junk food I eat clementine oranges and asparagus. Dont give up when you have so much to look forward to
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know Im back and better today. I walked for 40 min at 2.7 and 3.0 and it didn't kill me. Ive never done 3.0 and it not kill me! THANKS EVERYONE!:flowerforyou: