Favourite Device/Gadget

Options
Hi Friends! I am currently in the market for a new heart rate monitor and am 'considering' an all in one gadget. Currently I use a Polar FT7 during my workout and I wear a fitbit one all day. The #1 component I want in a watch(if I chose an all in one) is that I can separate my workout from the rest of my day. I want to be able to see the intensity and calories burned DURING a workout.
I've narrowed it down to the Polar M400(top left), the Garmin Vivosmart3(Top right), Fitbit Blaze(bottom left) and the Polar a360(bottom right)

Please feel free to share your thoughts, experiences, suggestions, pros and cons, etc. or if you have suggestions for other devices, those are welcome too!

Thanks you!!
vreck80lmx9d.jpg

Replies

• gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar and I love it. Its never given me a problem and Ive been wearing it for over two years. I have coworkers that have the fitbit and they've had to send them in a couple time for warranty repairs within the first year of owning them.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Thanks @gearhead426hemi which Polar device do you have? I've had the ft7 for a little over a year and it's starting to lose connection a lot. Thinking about a chest strapless version but I'm not that picky over that.
  • annieb45
    annieb45 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit HR2 and I love it. Like the fact that I can change the bands and I never miss urgent calls as it synced to my phone.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    quote="crazybookworm;c-40315707"]Thanks @gearhead426hemi which Polar device do you have? I've had the ft7 for a little over a year and it's starting to lose connection a lot. Thinking about a chest strapless version but I'm not that picky over that.[/quote]

I have the polar loop and I wear the H7 when I workout. I am getting the M430 in the next couple weeks to upgrade.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I had the Blaze and loved all of the features! Unfortunately I had to return it after a few months because the heart rate monitor left a small burn on my wrist where it sat. Most people don't have a problem with it but I have pretty darn sensitive skin. The features are awesome though, my favorite was the timer that vibrates when it is up that is great for timing planks and such! Another downside of the blaze is it is pretty chunky so it kind of over powered my wrist and looked a little funny lol. I did love the Blaze for it's tracking using your heart rate to track exercise since I like to jump on a trampoline, that gives me 0 steps but is an intense workout and I am dripping sweat by the end! If you have tougher skin than I do (and most do) then it is a great pick!
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I have the Samsung Fitgear, I got it over 2 1/2 years ago and still working. It's the old style, the face can be changed to match whatever color you want. It is also synced with my phone. It has several features, but I mainly just use for the step count and mileage.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I had a VivoSmart HR and ended up giving it to my wife. It worked no better than a step tracker for me. I have a VivoActive HR that is much better.

The VSHR double counted for me if I used the activities function, so it was worthless to me.
  • macclone
    macclone Posts: 85 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have the original Apple Watch and love it. Since I am a iPhone user and they work great together. I like being able load my workout music on it so I can leave my phone behind.

I track individual workouts and calories since I can select elliptical, cycling, rower, etc.
  • allierat84
    allierat84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit blaze. I like it, it does lots of stuff, syncs nicely with myfitnesspal and I have friends and family who use them too which is nice for competition. As someone else mentioned, it's a bit chunky. I've had problems with fitbit straps not lasting in the past, but this has a removable strap so it's easy to change rather than the fitbit being useless when the strap breaks, it doesn't seem to be as likely to break either.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I had a VivoSmart HR and ended up giving it to my wife. It worked no better than a step tracker for me. I have a VivoActive HR that is much better.

The VSHR double counted for me if I used the activities function, so it was worthless to me.

Ditto on the Vivoactive HR. My second Garmin. First one used a chest strap. I was a Polar devotee but had a really bad customer service experience and ditched them.

When summer came around, the wristband that came with the Garmin had a bad reaction with my sunscreen--gave my wrist blisters. I have very sensitive skin. Bought a stainless steel one off Amazon and I'm all good now.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Bose wireless ear buds.
  • Coco_Camm
    Coco_Camm Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I got a Polar M600 a month ago and I LOVE it.

Expensive but it has all the bells and whistles and then some. I love not having to log exercise or guess on calories burned.
  • missevil
    missevil Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I bought a Vivosmart about 1.5 years ago and got it replaced with a Vivosmart HR, because I had a display error. Pretty nice swap.
    In general, I'm quite happy with the HR, except for one big flaw: It checks my pulse not often enough. So, it "sees" usually pretty quickly when my pulse goes up, but then it doesn't check again forever and gives me huge amounts of active calories and intensity minutes, although I've only run for the bus once or something like that. The actually counted activities are ok, so when I start for my bicycle ride to work, the numbers are pretty ok and consistent, but after ending the activity it just keeps counting like crazy. I know that there is some afterburn and the pulse needs a few minutes to get down again, but we're talking about 20-30 minutes extra time here.
    This really sucks! I know it and ignore the numbers, but I hate that I can't delete them in Garmin. In MFP I often do, when they are too ridiculous.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I bought a Garmin Vivosmart HR+ and was really enjoying the graphs and things, but it turns out if I wear it every day my skin reacts and I end up with contact dermatitis despite keeping it clean and dry, and not wearing it in the shower. Might not happen for everyone but it seems to be a common problem with the fitness trackers designed to be worn all day every day.
  • heal130
    heal130 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Apple Watch Series 2 absolutely love it extremely accurate and motivating