Any advice?

Options
Does anyone have any advice on how to get in the habit of eating healthy and wanting to stick to eat instead of eating high in calorie, greasy, tempting food?

and not eating when when bored?:tongue:

Replies

• nicole0177
    Options
    Does anyone have any advice on how to get in the habit of eating healthy and wanting to stick to eat instead of eating high in calorie, greasy, tempting food?

and not eating when when bored?:tongue:
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    I only have healthy food in my house. And i think when you start to eat healthy and then go eat a big greasy whatever, you really feel it. Its zaps your energy and makes you feel bloated.
    Just start eating really fresh good foods and you will love them more then the bad foods.

Make up your mind to do right by your body and you can do it.
    Stay strong and spend lots of time in the produce and meat section at the store.

Good luck
  • Annab412
    Options
    I found that whenever i get a junky food craving i drink some cold water or a cup of caffeine free tea, also sometimes if you are getting cravings out of boredom, brush your teeth, because once your mouth is feeling nice and minty clean you are less likely to pop any food in it.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    It's just a matter of willpower. Do you really truly want to lose weight and get healthier? Because if you do, you will do what's right for you and get rid of the junk and you will want to eat healthier. You will find though that over time, you can eat some things that might not be the best for you, like chocolate or LF ice cream, and still be within your caloric intake for the day. I always enjoy something sweet everyday.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I just find food that works for me. I may still have a burger but I will pair it with a low calorie food and try to fill up on that. Cucumber salad, lite popcorn, steamed veggies in lite dressing, low cal ice pops and low carb/fat tortillas are staples for me. I still sometimes want to eat all day long but I know if I stick to certain foods I can do that and still stay real close to my calorie allowance. Water is a big thing too I usually drink it sweetened with crystal light or something similar. Find what works for you.