App?!?

Options
Best app to guide in maintaining a diet /healthy eating options?!

Replies

• swebb4209
    swebb4209 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This one's pretty decent.
    Absolutely. I'm just looking for something where I don't have to scroll through a bazillion posts to find a decent healthy recipe !
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Figure out what you're looking for.

If you want to eat healthily, you are looking for a nutritionally balanced diet. No single foods (or recipes) are healthy or unhealthy - your diet, what you eat day in and day out, will be more or less healthy. You can eat anything you want, it's all about dosage.

Tracking food intake right here in your diary is both a guide and an aid for that - it sets nutritional goals, and you aim to hit those goals. There are several ways to do it consistently - and it's pointless unless you do it consistently - you just have to find one you like.

Another approach is to just eat a variety of foods from all the food groups. This should make you hit your nutritional goals, even without tracking. And anyway - most likely - you'll soon find out that basing your intake on a variety of real, whole foods, makes hitting your goals easier.

If you want recipes, go to the recipe forum. Nobody can guess what you mean by a decent recipe, so you need to be more specific.
  • ona1990
    ona1990 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is good if your just looking for recipes
  • npane
    npane Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Lots of websites including,Pinterest,SparkPeople,Skinny Kitchen have healthy recipes.
  • kcraig6207
    kcraig6207 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree MFP is great for tracking calories. As for recipes, I really like www.skinnytaste.com. I then import the recipe into MFP and can log it. I've made tons of her recipes and they have all been fantastic! I do also use Pinterest and SkinnyKitchen as well.