wtf???????

Options
babyblake11
babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
this site just told me my bmr was 1200cals including my activity??/// http://www.dietitian.com/calcbody.php

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    They are all just an estimate. There is no way to tell 100% what your actual BMR is. And from the look of your display pic, you are thin so it's not going to take to much to run your body :P
  • babyblake11
    Options
    its just im eating 1300-1500cal. and thats UNDER my bmr from mfp and mfp is said to be a bit lower. so im confused
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    well i just plugged in my info and got exactly the same as what MFP says..
  • AmandaHammill
    AmandaHammill Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just looked at that site and used the healthy body calculator and the chart that is given is not your BMI but the calories you can eat to lose whatever weight goal you put in. The minimum amount of calories is 1200 so it won't go any lower. So, I wouldn't worry, I don't think it's your BMI that's 1200. I looked for a specific BMI calculator and couldn't find one on that site, but then maybe I didn't look hard enough?
  • AmandaHammill
    Options
    I just looked at that site and used the healthy body calculator and the chart that is given is not your BMI but the calories you can eat to lose whatever weight goal you put in. The minimum amount of calories is 1200 so it won't go any lower. So, I wouldn't worry, I don't think it's your BMI that's 1200. I looked for a specific BMI calculator and couldn't find one on that site, but then maybe I didn't look hard enough?
    um... I meant BMR in all the places where I typed BMI!
  • babyblake11
    Options
    i put it as maintenance so its ridiculous
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I just entered my info and it says I shoul be at 1490 and MFP says 1720. It wierd cuz I usually end up eating right around 1500. This other site asked many more questions, I'd tend to go with the other sites results.
  • AmandaHammill
    Options
    then yes, i think that's a pretty low maintenance for anyone, especially if you exercise regularly. I'd just stick with MFP and keep doing what you're doing now!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    It wanted me to eat over 1850calories a day and 65 grams of fat to lose 2 pounds a week. Much higher estimates than MFP.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Dont forget there are several methods for calculating your BMR. Clearly they use a different one to MFP.