Ketosis help regarding blood sugar :(

Options
So im 2 days into my ketogentic diet, its going really well. But on tuesday i have a half day booked at the tattoo parlour. Now im a fainter. How can i make my blood sugars high so i can strive off fainting straight away whikst in ketosis??

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    As a general rule, fainting happens when there is a lack of fuel to the brain. If you are in ketosis your main fuel will be fat and ketones. You should be fine even if BG gets on the lower side of normal.

Or have some more carbs that day.
  • steffenzfamily
    steffenzfamily Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eat a handful of almonds before you go in- they have enough carbs to keep you alert!
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Most fainting from stimulus such as tattooing is an autonomic response which causes heart rate and blood pressure to drop and boom, you pass out. This is called vasovagal syncope.

It's not really anything to do with sugar.

As someone who gets tattooed a lot though, I good find a good meal the night before, good hydration and snacks like nuts and maybe a piece of fruit.

If you're feeling off from recent entry into ketosis you may struggle with this session regardless. I often find if I'm not feeling great things hurt more! But then who knows, everyone is different.

More importantly, what are you getting done?!!