Home Ellipticals

Options
I'm thinking that I want to buy an elliptical for my home, since I don't have a gym within a convenient distance from me. For those that have one, what's a good model you could recommend? I can't do anything super nice and expensive, but anything under $500 would be do-able. Thanks!

Replies

• chubbyandawkward
    Options
    Me and my brother are saving for one too, I'll be interested in what people have to say :)
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to a store where you can try out different models. I bought one from 2nd Wind. Some of the cheap models really were difficult to use, and felt just cheap. You might want to consider using the up to 500 dollars to get a gym membership where you have access to good equipment. I bought an Octane elliptical, it was spendy but the cheaper models are plain junk. Not trying to be an elliptical snob, you just get what you pay for. Good luck, I love my elliptical but hated it at first.

Edit: Sorry, just checked your profile, a less expensive model may work anyway, didn't realize you were at goal and looking to lose a few to tone up. I would suggest getting something like Insanity or P90X. I am a fat tub of goo and I love Insanity, it will give you tone and definition, and it only costs 120 bucks.
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would suggest going to a store where you can try out different models. I bought one from 2nd Wind. Some of the cheap models really were difficult to use, and felt just cheap. You might want to consider using the up to 500 dollars to get a gym membership where you have access to good equipment. I bought an Octane elliptical, it was spendy but the cheaper models are plain junk. Not trying to be an elliptical snob, you just get what you pay for. Good luck, I love my elliptical but hated it at first.

Like I said, there's no gym I can go to conveniently. If there was, I would be doing that.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    LOL, sorry again, I'm a douche. Really try Insanity, it's a great workout.
  • dcw10
    dcw10 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey ,
    I love love love my Elliptical !! Sadly I don't think you could buy a descent one for 500$ .I have had 3 my first 2 were Proforms and work good until I was on it alot and consistently.
    I started shopping for a new one and found just how wonderful a good elliptical can be . the difference is night and day . I'm with Pauljs not trying to be an elliptical snob but ............ buying a good one is WELL worth the money . good luck . ;o)
  • SusanRN2b
    SusanRN2b Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is just a thought but I would bet that there are some very nice one's that people are selling used, CHEAP, just to get rid of them. :happy:
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I got one from Argos the other day for £65 and it's super, very sturdy and works like a dream.