Weight watchers Plan

Options
Does anyone follow the Weight Watchers plan while using MFP

Replies

• coltonsmumma
    coltonsmumma Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Not sure it's necessary. Basically it's just a more complicated and expensive way to track what you eat.
  • onepugluvr
    onepugluvr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have used ww points before, just not using MFP... I think it would be a great idea though
  • lenny1976
    lenny1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was doing ww but since I found this site i've cancelled my subscription. I find counting calories is much easier than working out points values and its free :smile:
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I use to. I have always been successful with the past plans. I am a lifetime WW member but I am one of the members that the new PointPlus Program was not working for.
    I was double tracking for a while on here and found I wasn't eating enough calories which may have caused my plateau. I was getting all of my healthy checks in although I didn't use the weekly points a lot but did use some. Maybe if I ate more of them I wouldn't have reached a plateau. I like this site because I can keep track of all of my nutrients as well. I am about 3 lbs to go to goal. I am still a member of WW online but I will be going back to the monthy meetings just to keep my membership current and to keep me on track.
    I love MFP and although my weight loss is slow. I know I am eating enough of what I need to. I also think the people on here are much more supportive than WW online. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I use to. I have always been successful with the past plans. I am a lifetime WW member but I am one of the members that the new PointPlus Program was not working for.
    I was double tracking for a while on here and found I wasn't eating enough calories which may have caused my plateau. I was getting all of my healthy checks in although I didn't use the weekly points a lot but did use some. Maybe if I ate more of them I wouldn't have reached a plateau. I like this site because I can keep track of all of my nutrients as well. I am about 3 lbs to go to goal. I am still a member of WW online but I will be going back to the monthy meetings just to keep my membership current and to keep me on track.
    I love MFP and although my weight loss is slow. I know I am eating enough of what I need to. I also think the people on here are much more supportive than WW online. Good luck with your weight loss journey.

i lost 55 lbs on the program. became a lifetime member in january. my husband lost 205. since i lost the etools when i become lifetime(meetings r free for me) this site is great for me
  • MsBecky1880
    Options
    I follow the Weight Watchers plan and have lost 61 pounds. I went to a meeting one time to get the books while they were having a "join for free" special. I've just been doing the plan (the original Points plan-not the Points Plus plan) by myself. I would never pay for the meetings, unless I found they really helped...but they don't!!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I follow the Weight Watchers plan and have lost 61 pounds. I went to a meeting one time to get the books while they were having a "join for free" special. I've just been doing the plan (the original Points plan-not the Points Plus plan) by myself. I would never pay for the meetings, unless I found they really helped...but they don't!!

that's what a lot of people do. we like the meetins. there's stuff that u learn from the leader and the other members. its a nice big support system
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Like others, I started on WW and lost 43 lbs to reach my goal weight and lifetime member. A friend introduced me to MFP, and at the beginning I did Points Plus and MFP. They were very close overall, and since MFP was free, I track only on MFP. I still attend monthly WW meetings since they're free to lifetime members (so I can keep up with new ideas and tips).
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifetime weight watcher member. I chart my food here and covert it to points at the end of the day.
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifetime weight watcher member. I chart my food here and covert it to points at the end of the day.

This.

I showed my wife MFP because now she has her own e-tools since LT members lose access.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I GO to WW -- but I'm not following their plan. When i was, I lost very small amounts. Then I found this site and my weight loss has been wonderful~! Remember with the new WW plan, you can eat fruit and most veggies for free points. BUT they still have calories and that can get you into trouble.

I attend their meetings so it is my "official" weigh in.......and I get good diet and nutrition tips fro the meetings...and I've made friends there so I don't feel like it's a waste of money but more of a social/learning gathering for me and that's fine....but I will follow this program MFP for the rest of my life.

Hope that helps.
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am online WW's. Have lost the desire to count points....even though I am counting calories...just can't get myself to do it...don't know why!!!! That said..they have great recipes...I'm having a cilantro-lime chicken recipe for dinner tonight from their online site. I also have a support group in a challenge I joined a year ago and they are like close friends now.....the only thing that is keeping me online there now is that group and the fact I like their recipes
  • veracruz
    veracruz Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I've tried WW in the past with very limited success. I love MFP and the freedom that comes from tracking calories. I've had great success using just MFP.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I have never been a member of WW, but I walked past a meeting once on my way to the library, and the door was open. I heard someone say that "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and it turned me off. From what I understand, this saying isn't uncommon, and it just sounded like an unhealthy way to look at things. If they replaced the word "skinny" with "healthy" I might be ok with it, but to tell me that being thin is better than eating makes me think I should stop eating, and that's just bad.

The best way to lose weight, in my mind, is to make healthier choices about your food, and yes, to eat less, but not to make me feel bad about everything I eat.

I know that WW does let you eat as much veggies as you want, but that one phrase just made a very bad impression on me.
  • pitapocket
    Options
    I have never been a member of WW, but I walked past a meeting once on my way to the library, and the door was open. I heard someone say that "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" and it turned me off. From what I understand, this saying isn't uncommon, and it just sounded like an unhealthy way to look at things. If they replaced the word "skinny" with "healthy" I might be ok with it, but to tell me that being thin is better than eating makes me think I should stop eating, and that's just bad.

The best way to lose weight, in my mind, is to make healthier choices about your food, and yes, to eat less, but not to make me feel bad about everything I eat.

I know that WW does let you eat as much veggies as you want, but that one phrase just made a very bad impression on me.

I've been a lifetime member at goal weight since 1997, I attend meetings to keep my free lifetime status. I have never heard that phrase used at any meetings, I think it reflects badly on the leader of that meeting and not weight watchers.
  • pitapocket
    Options

This.

I showed my wife MFP because now she has her own e-tools since LT members lose access.

Wow 500lbs2marathon, 201 pounds lost, that is amazing, you must be so proud of yourself.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I was doing ww but since I found this site i've cancelled my subscription. I find counting calories is much easier than working out points values and its free :smile:

Same here!! This is so much easier and the community is a bit nicer, too. I did the online version.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    How is that working for you?
  • Countrymade
    Countrymade Posts: 183 Member
    Options

I've been a lifetime member at goal weight since 1997, I attend meetings to keep my free lifetime status. I have never heard that phrase used at any meetings, I think it reflects badly on the leader of that meeting and not weight watchers.

Years ago at a WW meeting. I did hear the saying that went. 'Nothing taste as good as thin feels" I actually had a print of it on my fridge at that time. I have seen so many changes in the programs over the years. I am talking almost 27 years ago. Haven't heard it at a meeting lately although I have mentioned it a lot.
  • dubord29
    dubord29 Posts: 57
    Options
    I use MFP to track and in the note area I put my points value. I changed my food diary to have (in order) protein, carbs, fat and fiber. That way I can look up the food and firgue out my points! I am a terrible tracker when I have to write it all out and look at packages to figure out points. So this works better for me! Hope this helps:)