Need low carb snack ideas!

Options
Greetings! I need low carb snack ideas that are higher in calories and protein. I'm trying to reach my macro goal but I'm struggling with fresh ideas to keep me on track.. suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Low carb usually make people feel full and satisfied so they don't need to snack.

If your goal is to lose weight, you can eat anything, you just have to restrict calorie intake.

If you're struggling to hit your macro goal, maybe it isn't set correctly for your need/preference.

It's hard to stick to the correct amount of calories when you struggle to find something decent to eat.
  • eleesJourney
    eleesJourney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't often snack. But when I do I want something crunchy and salty. So my go to is pork cracklings, macadamia nuts, pepperoni, beef sticks.
  • alisonbrowning1
    alisonbrowning1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Low carb usually make people feel full and satisfied so they don't need to snack.

If your goal is to lose weight, you can eat anything, you just have to restrict calorie intake.

Thanks! I do feel full after I eat, I'm having 3 meals a day and a snack mid day to keep myself satisfied. I logged my intake and it's saying my calories are too low. I'm pretty baffled since I'm focusing on carb intake. Maybe it's because my diet is mostly raw veggieS and protein? I'm guessing my macros aren't correct. Again, thanks for the feedback.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled egg, cheese, nuts, jerky, a pouch of tuna or salmon ...
  • jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Cheese, jerky or meat sticks (watch the sugar counts on some of these), protein bars, nuts, raw veggies and dip, greek yogurt without added sugar.
  • ericaloguercio
    ericaloguercio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I need low carb snack ideas that are higher in calories and protein. I'm trying to reach my macro goal but I'm struggling with fresh ideas to keep me on track.. suggestions are welcome!

• ericaloguercio
    ericaloguercio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Quick snack for me is usually string cheese
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Cheese, jerky, nuts, Greek yogurt = my go to snacks
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Cheese, nuts, pepperoni sticks, seeds, veggies with a cheese or sourcream dip, porkrinds and dip, beef jerky, can of tuna/salmon/mussels/oysters, burger patty, eggs, coffee with whip cream and protein powder or coconut cream/oil, protein smoothie, plain full fat yogurt or left overs.

• bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    If I want high calorie, low carb snacks, I have some nuts.

But if I want a filling snack that's low calorie and low carb, I'll have a couple of baby dill pickles or a few peperoncini. Almost all the calories come from carbs, but at ~5 calories per pickle, I don't feel guilty if I eat 3 or 4!
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Apple and banana.