Fat burning workout advice?

Options
Work from two months ago to today. Would like to get to 15% body fat to make way for building more muscle. Any suggestions? Halfway done with a 4 week plan, needing something new to jump on.

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    There's no secret to this.

Eat at a moderate caloric deficit (100-200 cals per day) relative to your TDEE to lose weight/fat.

Lift weights and do cardio to maintain LBM and to help burn fat. Muscles will begin to show as soon as you lose enough weight/fat.

Give at least a year to achieve the desired results. There's no quick fix and no "free lunch" (ie., no results w/o putting in the necessary work over a sufficient period of time).

Good luck!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Doing specific workouts doesn't burn fat. Eating at a calorie deficit consistently is what causes weight loss. Following a progressive lifting routine can help ensure most of the weight you lose is fat rather than fat and lean mass.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    ^ What they said. I was borderline obese while doing endurance cycling and lifting weights, because I was eating too much.

Regardless of whether the energy source for your workouts is predominantly stored fats (long, moderate endurance exercise); stored glycogen (more intense endurance exercise); or ATP, creatine phosphate, and anaerobic glycolysis (sprints, weightlifting, and other short, highly intense efforts), as long as you have a calorie deficit, the deficit will be made up by drawing on stored fatty acids, and to a lesser extent, muscle proteins. By following a progressive lifting routine, you'll minimize the loss of muscle and maximize the loss of fat.
  • kieranar
    kieranar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I dropped my calorie intake to 1850 and cycle about 400 mins a week , I was 80kg with about 25% body fat in may as of today I'm 64kg and 9.8% body fat.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Running away from the kitchen is very effective.