Exercise Ideas

Options
Hello all, I'm still kind of new to all of this and was just wondering where everyone gets their info or new ideas for workouts? I don't really have the money for a gym membership or personal trainer so websites would be a huge help. I'm looking for sites that teach the correct way to perform exercises (videos a plus!) and maybe even workout planners. I know YouTube is a popular place for this but are there users that you have found to better than others? Thank you in advance for all the help.

Replies

• FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Youtube has a lot of great instructional videos. I just do searches like "oblique exercise" or "leg exercises" and all kinds of stuff pops up. I save the ones I think I will be able to do in lists on my Youtube account.
  • cagirl2188
    cagirl2188 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv. free website, free workouts, free recipe advice. free, free, free. awesome workouts you can do with no equipment, especially if you are just starting out. lots of ways to exercise using just bodyweight. if you decide to do some of the workouts, i have found a few ways to calculate calories burned, as MFP doesn't have a category for HIIT (high intensity interval training). friend or message me and i'd be more than happy to share that info with you. there are comments each and every day by people who have just completed their first bodyrock workout. Zuzana walks you through each exercise and offers variations for complete beginners. The workouts vary in time, usually between 12-24 minutes. i started doing them 4-5 times a week and i lost 13 lbs in under two months. the definition in my arms and legs is coming back sooner than i ever expected, my flexibility has been great and my endurance has skyrocketed. the progress in and of itself is enough to keep me coming back for more.
  • cnwofor
    cnwofor Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com has an extensive list of exercises with videos as well as lots of articles on how to get started with your routine.
    Good luck and stay motivated
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I get mine mainly from my trainer.. I take what he has me do, and then kinda make my own routine.

bodybuilding.com though is a good website.. I've looked at that a few times for ideas.
  • Jason944
    Jason944 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I checked out bodybuilding.com and it looks like a great site but the only problem is that I don't have access to a gym and like I said in the OP, I don't have the money for gym membership either.

I have heard and looked into the much hated rival Sparkpeople. lol. It seemed like a fairly decent place to get exercise tips and workouts. Maybe I will just keep an account there for the exercise part of it (because the nutrition part is horrible!!).