Vegetarian/Vegan

Options
Hi there! I'm looking for fellow Vegetarians and Vegans to add! Since I'm pretty sure a lot of people do NOT add others just because of how cute they look in their picture [at least I would think so!], here is a little bit about me! My name is Gisselle and I am 24 years old. Up until recently I lived in Philadelphia, but have since moved back to my birthplace, New York City! I live with my mom and my three brothers due to an illness that I will not go into detail on here about, but you will most likely learn about if you are my friend, etc.

I am a Vegetarian, and have been one for 3 years. As of right now, I am slowly easing myself into Veganism and I am going to attempt to go fully Vegan in February. So far, I love the foods and I love the feeling I get in the morning when I wake up! Besides my eating habits, here are a couple of other things about me:

I love animals [as I am Vegetarian mostly for the animals!], I love video games [I cannot live without my XBox], I am a huge movie buff and I love music [everything about it - dancing, singing, etc!], I love exercising - yes, I love exercising, I love to read and write [I use to write poems, songs and short stories as well as novels when I was younger], and I am a huge fan of zombies and vampires! As for TV shows, I am really into How I Met Your Mother, Vampire Diaries, The Walking Dead & One Tree Hill right now. For my career goals, I plan on becoming a Veterinarian in the near future and opening my own no-kill shelter/rescue, etc.

If you like what you read [see], send me a friend request! Just let me know a little about you in your message <3 Thanks and hope to make your acquaintance soon!

XOXO :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tannjam
    tannjam Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have really been wanting to go Vegan but have no idea really how? Any pointers?
  • Lucyk00
    Lucyk00 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm vegetarian/vegan-ish too, for moral, not health reasons. Love animals. I'm 26 and just starting this weight loss journey. Again. Support from other vegan-ishs would be awesome.

Tips to go vegan....? Take it a day at a time and start slow.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I want pictures of your meals please. Thanks
  • healthyshelleym
    healthyshelleym Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm looking for vegetarian and vegan MFP friends too. I've been vegetarian for over a decade now. I do eat a small amount of dairy - due to severe nut allergy becoming a healthy vegan could be tricky but I haven't ruled it out. It would be great to look at other veg food diaries for foodspiration. Cheers, Shelley healthyshelleym
  • italianprimadonna
    italianprimadonna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm newly vegan... Tonight when i made black bean burritos for my family with a kit, i removed the packet of cheese and flavored cheese Fritos but added broken up pieces of tortilla chips i had here. I'm going through a learning process myself.