Chronic Pain beginner!

Options
Hi! My name is Maria, and I've used myfitnesspal before, back when I was healthy, and not dealing with chronic pain. I'm a mother of 2 beautiful boys, ages 5 and 11, a wife to my supportive husband Jake, and a Third Grade teacher on medical leave at present. I've been doctoring at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota this past year, and have several diagnosis which will leave me with life long chronic pain. (Ehlers-Danlos Sndrome Type 3; Chronic Migraine Disorder; Fibromyalgia; and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction) YIKES, right? My goal is to get back to teaching my third graders full time again and learn how to live life to the fullest and happiest, despite being in chronic pain and having a constant chronic headache. Due to just sitting around the house in pain, I gained 30 pounds this past year!!!! Horrible, I know!!! So, little by little, I'm going to build up on exercising...and I'm going to try and give up some of the tasty morsels that make my life a little happier (sad) so that I can feel more comfortable in my own skin. Pray for me, and I'm happy to have the support of this community!! Thank you! Maria

Replies

• jelizabeth713
    jelizabeth713 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear of your chronic pain, but I'll support you all the way through this journey! Feel free to add me :smile: I have hypothyroidism.
  • pubali90
    pubali90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Dear madam
    Your decision to start is a proof of how strong u r...well begun is half done..M dealing with my pcos ,migraine and depression.hope to be to some help to u
  • CrazyComicLady
    CrazyComicLady Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm also an EDS sufferer, I also have partly fused ankles (tarsal coalitions) which is was born with so battling with chronic pain has always been tough for me since I was 7. Now 29, I've had a lot of ups and downs with my weight over the years and completely understand your struggles. Anyone is free to add me. 5'4, From the UK, 154 lbs
  • yvnursechick
    yvnursechick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I suffer from chronic pain too. Feel free to add me