Trying to lose 25 lbs doing ok on calories can't stay motivated on exercise any suggestions

Options
Jaseboxer01
Jaseboxer01 Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2017 in Introduce Yourself
BBCode

Replies

• poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I think it's an individual thing, but you have to find an exercise routine that you actually enjoy. For me, I simply hate gyms and lifting! So my preferred form of exercise has become hiking through wildlife management areas. I started off doing a mile and taking pictures of things that caught my fancy. Now I do 30-40 miles a week and have more pictures that I can ever use! But I enjoy it and it makes me feel good, so I can keep up with it. For you, it might be team sports, tennis, badminton, jogging, climbing, swimming, biking, lifting... and the list goes on. Just find something that you enjoy, so that working out isn't a chore, it's something you do because you enjoy it and it makes you feel good! :)
  • Jaseboxer01
    Jaseboxer01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • katie4285
    katie4285 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Find a friend to motivate you to walk, jog, hit the gym...it works! I also have tried all kinds of classes. Mix it up Barre, Group Power, spin, boot camp etc. I mix it up so boredom never hits.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Finding a sport or activity you like usually works. Because you enjoy it, you'll do it, no motivation required. Then to get better at the sport incorporate other exercises. You'll do those as well simply for the sport or activity you enjoy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    If you're married, running around in circles will keep you burning calories. :D

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • pubali90
    pubali90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello sir. ..even i dealt with the same initially..the thing that inspired me was the weighing scale..and a reduce in the weight value...I petted a pup which requires a lot of running behind him and also made a terrace garden