College Students?

Options
I'm 21 and attend a small college in Texas. Looking for motivation and accountability from people of alllllll ages but specifically from fellow students! School starts in two weeks and I don't want to lose my commitment in the busyness and stress.

Replies

• SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am returning student and a mom, I also carry many different titles as well that comes along with parenting (lol) When I went back to school in January things started to spiral out of control. I was stressed out with Statistics, I hated that class and I compensated by eating blow pops. There are 70 calories in one blow pop, I would eat around 10 at a time. That is 700 empty calories. That was my stress eating. I finished summer classes about 2 weeks ago and my Spring classes are starting on the 28th. I am afraid that I will lose some sort of motivation just due to the time of day that the classes are. Feel free to friend me! I know I could use a buddy that is in school too!!
  • alilovesgiraffes_
    alilovesgiraffes_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    __ashley96 wrote: »
    I'm 21 and attend a small college in Texas. Looking for motivation and accountability from people of alllllll ages but specifically from fellow students! School starts in two weeks and I don't want to lose my commitment in the busyness and stress.

I feel you girl! I'm 21 & go to college in Cali. I already feel the stress coming and the first thing that always happens is I stop working out & eating right. I need an accountability buddy! Feel free to add& message me.
  • Kermiya
    Kermiya Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm also a college student and I would love to have someone to talk to about college life and stress and trying to keep my motivation for weight loss within all that hecticness. Feel free to add me!
  • roseysuperior
    roseysuperior Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey girl!

I'm a full time college student as well as having many other responsibliti w & commitments. I have always been overweight & have tried everything. I was on a shake diet through a (crappy) doctor and managed to lose around 100lbs, but was also only consuming <300 calories a day and had lots of bad side effects like hair loss & kidneys bleeding. Needless to say I gained all the weight back, haha.

I have now lost around 50 pounds through MFP and still have a ways to go, but the community & support aspect has helped a great deal. It helps keep me motivated & accountable.

Anyone can feel free to add me. :)
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I'm a mum of 2 and full time midwifery student. It's hard but can be done!