Milo

Options
Just tracked a milo I had which is a malt drink very popular in Australia and marketed as healthy only to come away with 3,000 points! OMG! Best to work out points for non veg and fruit things before I eat them. Lots to learn.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Or better still, only track calories.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Milo is fine, just don't follow the packet directions, I only ever have 1tsp per drink. It is marketed as healthy as it has things added like iron. Make sure you record it as 1tsp dry powder on mfp, if you make with milk, record the milk separately.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what this means
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    3000 calories? Did you eat a 1kg can? I make the hubster a milo most weeknights and it's nowhere near that, he has 3 spoons of Milo and a sweetener and a half, 50% water, 50% light milk.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    3000 calories? Did you eat a 1kg can? I make the hubster a milo most weeknights and it's nowhere near that, he has 3 spoons of Milo and a sweetener and a half, 50% water, 50% light milk.

Perhaps 3000 kJ, not calories?

Preplanning is great - learn to log everything, including fruit and vegetables
  • dillydaisys
    dillydaisys Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Even 3000 kilojoules is pretty high for milo. I keep that stuff hidden from the kids because I'm pretty sure they'd go through a 1kg tin a week
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Even 3000 kilojoules is pretty high for milo. I keep that stuff hidden from the kids because I'm pretty sure they'd go through a 1kg tin a week

I used to mix 2-3 heaped tablespoons with a piddly amount of milk, make a slush and eat it. Or put it on ice cream..... I could quite easily go through a tin quickly too!
  • dillydaisys
    Options
    I don't se to mix it through my ice cream too and over kill with milk but I can't do it anymore, it's annoying getting it out of my teeth
  • dillydaisys
    Options
    *i use too*