Aussie girl

Options
Hi everyone, new here. It's time for me to take charge and get what I want out of life. Tired of feeling tired all the time, and embarrassed and depressed, and..... well you know the list is endless.

I'm a busy mum of 2, juggling, kids, husband work and study. Plus trying to fit in time for me, but getting there slowly, I think. I have about 25 kg to lose. Have tried just about every diet under the sun. Including just eating healthy and not stressing about food. Unfortunately chocolate, which I have since found out, can't be classed as a dairy food. So here I am, determined to get my life back again, and be the person I want.

Look forward to getting to know you all more, and share our journey's together.

Replies

• socal92845
    Options
    Mel,

The first thing you need to realize is that it is not a diet. It is a change in your life style that you have to change. If you use fitness pal to track your food and exercise you will gain the results that you are looking for. Don't try for big losses either. If you do it slow, like 1-2lb a week, you will have a higher chance at keep it off. I have a sweet tooth also, so when those happen, I exercise more to burn it off. Don't get discouraged. One of the best things I did was to take the measurements before I started. At the beginning I felt discouraged because my weight was not going down, but when I took the measurements, it showed that I was loosing inches. I like using a scale that calculates body % fat. This will let me know that I am loosing fat and not mussle.

Good luck.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Mel. I too am a mom, am married, work full time and am taking classes. Tired isn't the word for how I feel sometimes! Making time for proper nutrition and exercise is SO important, especially when you have such a full life. The food diary has made all the difference in the world for me. It has helped me understand my food choices and how to control my portions. I even allow myself a bit of chocolate every now and then while staying within my calorie limit! Good luck to you - you'll love it here!
  • Mel7759
    Mel7759 Posts: 8
    Options
    Socal funny enough I know what I need to do. I don't diet at all, yes I watch what I eat, but I don't deprive myself of anything at all. It's just a matter of putting it all together. And unfortunately, it's easier to pick up a bag of chips sometimes than grab some fruit. But with DH being a bodybuilder, and most of our friends in the industry I have lots of support and words of encouragement around me.

Sue thanks for the welcome. Finding time is hard isn't it. I only work 6 days a fortnight, but it's all night duties, that's the hardest bit. Juggling food for a day when working. I almost need to stretch it out over a 24 hr period, rather than the usual 14-15 hours.