I need a diet plan that actually works please help!

Options
Ive been straggling with weight basically all my life, i never had a flat stomach, but thats my goal. I am 5ft 3inch and i am 123.9 pounds and no matter what diet im in, the scale either doesn't move, or it goes up. I don't know what im doing wrong anymore, im not eating dairy, not eating fried things, no cakes, no bread, nothing fattening. Right now im on a cabbage soup diet, i can eat fruits, veggies, and meat, (and of course the cabbage soup). At first i lost 2 lbs, but then i gained them back.. i was 120.8 and im still on the same diet, but im 123.9... I don't exercise, because it doesn't work for me.. im looking for a diet where i lose weight fast. Can anyone give me a diet plan? Im all out of ideas..

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    ^^What they said.
  • dlharris1
    dlharris1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Your body is already at a healthy weight so would suggest possibly you don't have much fat too lose. Maybe the way to a flatter stomach is through weight training specifically core training, and avoiding anything that will bloat you. E.g. Cutting salt right down and I'm sure vegetables like cabbage, broccoli and kale are quite bad for bloating too. Good luck xx
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Have to agree with all of the above and look at your diet choice, you don't need such a restricted diet, not healthy or sustainable. Exercise probably way to go. You look super slim already in your profile picture.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Since you're already at a healthy weight fast isn't going to happen. You have two choices here:

-set your goal to lose half a pound a week, log everything you eat as accurately as possible. There's no need to cut out foods if you don't have a medical reason to. The only thing that is fattening is eating more calories than you burn.
    -set your goal to maintenance, log everything you eat as accurately as possible, and look into a progressive strength training program. This is considered a body recomposition and will help you lose fat, albeit slowly. If you do choose the first option, strength training is still a good idea to help you preserve your muscle.

All of this.

What is your reason for not exercising, what do you mean it doesn't work for you?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Stop dieting and eat in a calorie deficit. You seem to see weight loss a cutting out certain foods, but it's all about calories.

You're already at a healthy weight. I agree with the recomp suggestions (eating at maintenance and doing progressive resistance training/weight lifting program) if you want to "tighten up".
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm a little concerned that you are already thin and are looking to drop even more weight quickly. I like to hang out closer to the low end of the bmi range, but if you don't have a good muscle base, you probably aren't going to be happy with your look if you lose more weight.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said, you are already a healthy weight so weight loss will be slow, like half a lb per week. And that's all about calories, not specific types of food. Many women naturally carry a little bit of fat on their stomach, and can only get that "magazine-ready flat stomach" by being underweight and struggling to stay that way.

The women you see modeling bathing suits or posing in fitness ads get those bodies by exercise - weight training and some cardio.

Can someone link to the Nice Stomach thread? I'm on my phone and can't find it
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Are you asking for guidelines that work (count calories, don't eat more than X), or are you asking for a complete "eat this now, this later, that at 8pm" kind of detail?
  • Grudgie
    Grudgie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey man,

You just have to eat normal. You don't have to diet. Eat normal, as long as it fits in the calories.
    Eat 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat.

And eat like 250/300 calorie deficit.

And log what you eat.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I actually like cabbage and eat a lot of it, and your diet sounds just terrible. Who wants to eat cabbage soup all the time? Besides being a culinary disaster, it won't cause you to lose weight, as you noticed. In order to lose weight, eat the foods you enjoy, all of them in a balanced and healthy way, but under your calorie requirements. Eating under your calorie requirements is THE ONLY diet that "actually works." There are a million different ways to do this. Pick one which makes you happy!

The advice you have already gotten about gaining muscle to get a flatter stomach is good, but I'm a little worried that you seem to have an unrealistic view of yourself and an unhealthy approach to dieting. You are healthy weight and in your photo you look fit and your stomach looks flat. Is there someone you can trust, who cares about you, that you can talk to about your weight?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You can say you've been struggling with your weight all your life when you are eighty years old.

Give up doing anything fast.

Put bread and cake back on your diet and start using full fat dressings on your salad. Stop doing diets of any kind. Simply log your food and eat up to your allowance daily.

I'd like you to avoid the body scale for the next six months and start a weight training routine three days a week focusing on core work.

Instead of the scale take a waist measurement once a week.

Come back in six months and report your results.
  • mlsh1969
    mlsh1969 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Since you're already at a healthy weight fast isn't going to happen. You have two choices here:

-set your goal to lose half a pound a week, log everything you eat as accurately as possible. There's no need to cut out foods if you don't have a medical reason to. The only thing that is fattening is eating more calories than you burn.
    -set your goal to maintenance, log everything you eat as accurately as possible, and look into a progressive strength training program. This is considered a body recomposition and will help you lose fat, albeit slowly. If you do choose the first option, strength training is still a good idea to help you preserve your muscle.

Malibu has said what l was going to suggest, so l will just agree