what do you buy/treat yourself with for each stone lost??

I buy/treat myself each time I lose a stone (1 down, 4 to go!). What do you buy/do as a reward?

Replies

• jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Food rewards are dangerous when eaten in large amounts as they can mentally trigger you to old habits at least for me. I reward myself with a couple shirts in the smaller size. Donate my larger clothes that is also a reward for me.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2017
    I use imperial measurements but I treated myself to a new cut and color for losing 40 pounds!
    ETA: I will be buying myself new winter boots at the 50 pound mark because I can actually wear over-the-calf boots now in a non-wide size ☺️
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,572 Member
    Clothes and belts when appropriate. Feels like a treat.
  • Rosiev2014
    Rosiev2014 Posts: 66 Member
    Jasummers76...totally agree...food treats would not be helpful!!! Was thinking more like a manicure/spa day/clothes...

GemstoneofHeart...loving the idea of new boots!!!!
  • __rebecca__
    __rebecca__ Posts: 1 Member
    Makeup, skin care, hair cuts, books, work out gear, clothes, video games
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Shopping for new clothes in a smaller size was all the reward I needed!
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    I buy a smaller size than I currently am and have in wardrobe as goal clothes. If you buy on aliexpress sometimes by the time it arrives it fits you!
    This did backfire once, I bought goal jeans at the size I wanted to be, sat in wardrobe for over a year as I went "off the rails". Ended up giving them to my stepdaughter when she needed new jeans. Now I'm on track again I'm tempted to buy some more....
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I bought a ring for myself when I dropped below 200 pounds, since it was also close to being 50 pounds down. Other than that? Nothing. If I want something, I make sure I can afford it and I buy it.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    I generally stick to clothes, as I keep shrinking out of my old clothes . For big accomplishments, I do something amazing: when I dropped 100lbs I booked a two week vacation to GB.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    For those who have said clothes do you buy decent stuff? In the past I tended to buy cheap "stop gap" stuff as it would soon be too big for me.

To answer the original question I tend to buy bicycle accessories as I love riding.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    jamesha100 wrote: »
    For those who have said clothes do you buy decent stuff? In the past I tended to buy cheap "stop gap" stuff as it would soon be too big for me.

To answer the original question I tend to buy bicycle accessories as I love riding.

New running shoes: I buy good ones
    The rest: usually cheap (often used jeans) as I'm just going to shrink right out of them as well, but at least I'll have something that fits right for a while.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    I had a lot to lose (over 100) so at first I was doing health/fitness related items at every 10 lb lost. For example, new bicycle helmet, jump rope, water bottles and the like. After awhile I stopped doing that. But to celebrate hitting 199 lb (a major milestone for me) I bought myself all new makeup and an organizer to keep it in. I bought the stuff about 6 weeks before I actually hit 199 and wouldn't let myself use or open any of it until then. Not as a punishment type thing, just as a motivator which I didn't necessarily *need* but I am glad I did that for myself!
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Smaller clothes, nice bed sheets, and nice kitchen equipment since I have returned to cooking most dinners from scratch. I don't pick a certain point to buy stuff though, I just occasionally pick up something nice that isn't food.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    edited August 2017
    The loss is the reward!
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,447 Member
    I just hit normal bmi and my fit bit is peeling and out of warrantee(They have replaced for free 6 times in last 3 years and gave me 25%off so that's fair of fitbit) so I let myself order a new fit bit charge 2 to replace the several years old fit bit charge.
  • take2spicy
    take2spicy Posts: 296 Member
    New clothes & makeup!