amos41
amos41 Posts: 10 Member
What are you having for dinner today?
Family meal ideas would be great

Replies

• YogaBookLady37
    YogaBookLady37 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken, corn on the cob, and sliced tomatoes. Gotta get the last of the summer produce in!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm having roastbeef, mashed potatoes with gravy, and green beans.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,199 MFP Moderator
    Options
    We're having potatoes, carrots and pork chops cooked together in the oven.

- Cut potatoes in half, layer on bottom of roaster
    - Toss in enough carrots to feed your family
    - cover potatoes and carrots in montreal steak seasoning.
    - toss in the pork chops
    - add a bit of water or broth
    - cover pork chops in montreal steak seasoning
    - cover roaster and place in the oven on 375* for an hour.

*****Disclaimer - I don't typically use recipes when cooking, as it's more of an art than an exact science for me.

• aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    We are doing seafood paella on the grill!
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm making chicken tikka masala from scratch, a nice big batch so there's extras for a few days lunches for myself and my son.

Doubling this recipe http://damndelicious.net/2017/08/08/chicken-tikka-masala-meal-prep/
  • KaYlEiGh251186
    KaYlEiGh251186 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Roast chicken thighs, new potatoes, broccoli, carrots and gravy
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Homemade meatballs, corn/spinach/tomato salad, and either rice or pasta (haven't decided yet).
  • mail2dijaw
    mail2dijaw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    beef lasagne with steamed carrots and peas. I wieghed in all the ingredients when preparing the lasagne so I know exactly how much approximate calorie goes in each portion and can log MFP
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    BBQ chicken thighs, lady peas, cucumber sandwiches, greens, and sliced tomatoes. The last of the good summer produce.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I'm eating chicken breast on a pretzel bun with steamed broccoli on the side.

I love taco bars, burger bars, sandwich/wrap bars, stirfry/rice bowl bars. You put out all the ingredients and let your family build their own plates. It allows for a little customization without having to make different meals.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Choice of leftovers tonight. Mexican manicotti, garlic chicken stir fry.
    http://www.food.com/recipe/mexican-manicotti-13651
    https://therecipecritic.com/2017/02/garlic-chicken-stir-fry/
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Cbean08

Where do you buy the pretzel bun?- Used to get a pretzel chicken sandwich at wendy's on that bun- they stopped selling in my area..

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Had goulash for ours
  • jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Homemade veggie egg rolls deep fried in Conola oil. I had four medium'ish ones and I would do it again... :)
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    Cbean08

Where do you buy the pretzel bun?- Used to get a pretzel chicken sandwich at wendy's on that bun- they stopped selling in my area..

I find them at the grocery store( Jewel Osco or Marianos/Kroger), usually around where the deli counter or bakery section.

• ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ashbabe25 wrote: »
    I'm making chicken tikka masala from scratch, a nice big batch so there's extras for a few days lunches for myself and my son.

Doubling this recipe http://damndelicious.net/2017/08/08/chicken-tikka-masala-meal-prep/
    Btw if anyone decides to make this recipe... watch the amount of chili powder because it's HOT!! I halved the amount and it was still :s Overall it's an excellent recipe though. Even with a few lightening up tweaks.
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    marinated chicken with roast pumpkin, sweet potato, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and some spinach too. Its winter where i am and i was feeling like something hot and im starving hence all the food. Another hit last night was Tacos. Easy and the whole family eat them and fairly low on calories