Weight during period?

Options
Anyone else gain weight/not have the scale move during their period? I'm not eating any differently and still working out consistently but my weight is real wonky during this time

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I think I go up slightly during heavy periods if I am having cramping as that seems to be when I bloat up a lot. But oddly, the day before and the day I start, I tend to be slightly lower in weight.
  • Wiggymommy
    Wiggymommy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I see this question a lot and had it for myself when I first started. I will either gain or not budge down. Once it's over I lose what was gained plus some- never fails. This seems to be what countless other women experience.
  • Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I gain anywhere from 3-6 pounds the week before mine. I tend to lose it within the first few days
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Always! I usually gain 3lbs the day before I start. It's just water retention. Now if you weigh yourself daily and track your period; you can (fairly accurately) know when you are about to start - can save a nice pair of underwear from being relegated to the back of the drawer.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I can gain up to 7 lbs during this time, drives me nuts because I'm only 5' 3" so I notice the difference quite a bit.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Yes every woman does wait till it is over to weigh yourself
  • SarahR1914
    SarahR1914 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have noticed over the last couple months that the week before my period starts I either have not lost any weight or have only lost about a pound, and then the Friday (Friday is weigh in day) after my period has ended, (it is usually only about 4 or 5 days) I have lost between 3-7 pounds. but the weird thing is the weight has not ever gone back up from that.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yeah like 7 lbs and I'm 5' even. Its ridiculous, and kind of annoying but that's why it's important to compare weight now to 1 month prior rather than 1 week prior. Also I'm a huge fan of stretchy/dark/high waisted clothing during this time! :)
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I typically don't gain, but lose much slower, only while actually on it, I don't have PMS. However, my appetite is out of control. I am at day 3 of shark week. I ate cinnamon bears for dinner last night. It is what it is.