Plateau...sort of?

Hi all,

So I've been using MFP for a while, but I did fall off the wagon for a few months (shame on me).

I'm back in the game and now I know what to expect since I've done it before. I don't want to be one of those people that are like "why didn't I lose 10 lbs this week?" But something interesting happened this week and I was wondering if anyone could provide an explanation.

I started calorie tracking 1 week ago at a starting weight of 223.6. I kept my calories in below 1700 each day, and worked out twice this week.

I step on the scale every day to make sure I get proper averages (I use the Libra app to track my weight)

Monday: 223.6
Tuesday: 222.6
Wednesday: 221.2
Thursday: 221.4
Friday: 221.4
Saturday: 221.4
Sunday: 221.2

So those first two days look like I dropped some water weight. But after that, how come my weight stayed almost static?

Does anyone have any input on this? Is my body resisting change?

Thanks!

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    That is in no way a plateau. As TavistockToad said, you lost 2lb in a week, which is a perfectly good rate of loss.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    You've lost 2lb in a week. Well done.

This. You're losing. A plateau is 4-6 weeks with zero change on the scale. And weight loss isn't linear, so you will always see ups and downs. Just pay attention to the trend Libra shows you rather than one singular point.
  • ayazkermalli
    ayazkermalli Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you all! I'll keep you updated if it continues :)
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,447 Member
    Watch trend line not individual data points