Hungry all the time - especially when exercising!!!

Options
Whenever I do exercise that burns around 600 calories i am so hungry the next day I eat back that and more without even thinking about it. How do I stop? I have protein at most meals, snacks etc...But if I don't exercise I feel horrible but I can stick to 1200 cal easy!

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fat? I found that I needed to up my fat intake in order to stay satisfied when I increased workouts.

I recommend playing with your macro balances until you find the one that works for you to stay feeling full.

Also, is 1200 the number MFP gave you? I've seen a lot of people set their goal too aggressive or cals too low and get discouraged feeling hungry all the time. You can try setting yourself to lose at a slower rate and up your calories. You'll still lose
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is probably not enough for you. It's not enough for most women. What are your stats - age, height, current weight, goal weight, weekly weight loss goal?
  • 1454mfp
    1454mfp Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    stats - 39 166cm Tall CW = 86kg, goal 75kg i don't care what I lose weekly as long as it's something!!! My weight yo yo's all the time!
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Eat 1200 plus all of the calories you burn exercising (or at least half of them).
  • pubali90
    pubali90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try including a sweet portion at the end of every meal ...U can try stevia or honey as the sweetening component in those items...u can prepare sweet oats crumble or dried mandarins skin dipped in honey or popped lotus seed drizzled with stevia powder...keep ur scale handy..( some ppl do not recommend this)..but the small changes help u go stronger...U May include cabbages, cucumber,celery ..they fill u but not much add up to ur calorie count...indulge in various types of green tea..it happens to reduce appetite...
    Good luck for ur journey and congrats for coming this far :):):):):)
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Eat at 1500. Plus eat back half to all your exercise calories.