Back...again!

Options
dec056
dec056 Posts: 87 Member
Hi everyone,

I was a member of MFP several years back. I left, gained all my weight back and then some, and now I'm back.

A little bit about me: I'm 22 and just graduated nursing school with a Bachelor's degree in May. I'm trying to balance my new career with better health and it's definitely hard. I feel like I need to be a good model for my patients - it would make more sense for me to live as I teach my patients to.

I want to lose this weight and keep it off - once and for all. My mom had a heart attack a year ago, and heart disease runs on her side of the family, so I'm a bit scared and trying to get things right while I'm still healthy and still have the chance.

I'm 4'11" and started at 184 pounds - yikes. I'm down to 180 now. I just switched over to night shift and I am packing healthy snacks. My issues are portion control and eating out waaay too much.

I need a good support system!

Thanks guys!

Replies

• dec056
    dec056 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    hi, i'm in a similar position. my work has steamrolled every part of my life and i'm here at my heaviest weight ever after having used MFP to kick a lot of unhealthy habits and losing 30 lbs and keeping them off for years. i feel so ashamed that i didn't keep the weight off. i feel unhappy about so much in my life. i am also hypothyroid which makes it feel so much harder. i know accountability is the key.
  • linawhitacre
    linawhitacre Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm actually just getting into college tomorrow and I'm worried about the Freshman 15 ! I have 60+ pounds to lose :)
  • kaycarre
    kaycarre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. You're post sounds very similar to my story. I am 30 and am also a nurse. I have been working night shift for a little over two years now, so I understand the struggle. I also have heart disease in my family and want to get healthy before it is too late. Feel free to add me, I did MFP before and left but am back with a whole new batch of motivation and could definitely use an expanded support system. :)
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.