29 lbs down since 7/24/17

Options
5 weeks into Keto and 29 lbs gone

Replies

• jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    People are going to say too much too fast.. You're losing muscle... So on and So on... I just wish you luck once you go off Keto keeping the weight off. I am sure you can my friend. Congrats.
  • tamikappes
    tamikappes Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm almost 4 weeks in and down 20 pounds! Look on you tube for Dr Jason Fung's six part series "The Aetiology of Obesity". It's highly technical but, explains the science supporting what you are doing. It also explains why you DON'T lose muscle and the benefits of Atophagy! Keep your mind on your goal and ignore the naysayers rcpamplin!
  • The_Red_Widow
    The_Red_Widow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Did you do 20 carbs a day ?
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    People are going to say too much too fast.. You're losing muscle... So on and So on... I just wish you luck once you go off Keto keeping the weight off. I am sure you can my friend. Congrats.

People might say that....but context matters.

To the OP:

In general, that would be considered too fast, unless you are obese to start with. I would just say to be careful with that rate and be careful not to under-eat because there are a whole host of problems associated with that. So I'm going to hold back hitting the awesome button only for the lack of context.
  • tamikappes
    tamikappes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes under 20 carbs per day, not net. And again I refer you to doctor Fungs lecture series. I'm not under eating. The basic premise of keto is fat metabolism, not calorie restriction. The goal is to burn the hard to access fat stored on your body. Unless you are at your goal weight and you are metabolizing fat, you can't under eat. https://youtu.be/YpllomiDMX0
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!