Been here 95 days and haven't taken the time to make friends

Options
Howdy!

Recently single for the first time in 15 years or so and on a quest to lose 60 pounds.

I live in the northern suburbs of Detroit, Michigan. Spent way too much time working, vs living and making friends.

Hoping to add some friends here for encouragement and tips and maybe a walking buddy or two if you live in my area.

In the 14 weeks or so of my diet. I have lost 38 pounds and dropped my body fat from 27.53 to 13.51 so I am committed to doing this and hopfully making new friends also.

Either way, good luck and stop by and say hello sometime.

Replies

• jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! That is AMAZING progress!!! Sad to say, but the divorce diet works almost every time. Keep up the good work! Feel free to add me if you like! I have a great circle of encouraging friends here. :)
  • traceyj3
    traceyj3 Posts: 13
    Options
    You've done very well so far! Congrats! I've just started but it helps immensely to have some friends egging you on.
  • sheffiej34
    sheffiej34 Posts: 91
    Options
    Welcome!! Congrats on your accomplishments!!

It's amazing how we get ourselves in this weight pickle over time. I wanted to lose but didn't have motivation - so I just gained. Now I am 30 pounds lighter, did a complete overhaul of my eating habits, and I'm loving it!!

Be glad to friend you and "walk" with you on your continued journey.

janelle
  • Shineonme06
    Shineonme06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome to add me. Great job by the way especially doing it alone.!!!!!!
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love the divorce diet success rate then!
  • Simomofmich
    Options
    Welcome!! Congrats on your accomplishments!!

It's amazing how we get ourselves in this weight pickle over time. I wanted to lose but didn't have motivation - so I just gained. Now I am 30 pounds lighter, did a complete overhaul of my eating habits, and I'm loving it!!

Be glad to friend you and "walk" with you on your continued journey.

janelle

I swear I do not know where it came from. I felt thin most of my life but then like my clothes were getting tighter and I was buying bigger ones and it seemed like suddenly I looked older and I couldn't bend as well. And honestly, I don't think I saw myself like others did. Like I carried it well and didn't think of myself as really that overweight, but then over a span of a couple weeks I ran into some people that I hadn't seen in awhile and everyone single one of them commented on how much weight I had gained! Probably took 4 years but seemed like it was almost overnight. So much easier to gain than to lose that's for sure.
  • sheffiej34
    sheffiej34 Posts: 91
    Options
    I can totally relate. First I said I wouldn't buy size 16, then 18. Twenty - my limit. Couldn't do 20. Needless to say, I started this journey at a size 22 in pants and 2x-3x in shirts. Now I'm 14-16 and XL. I'm loving it!! Been so long and it feels so good.

Here's to our accomplishments so far and the road ahead!:drinker:
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I have been on a long journey for the last couple of years. I do well, then fall apart, pick myself up, then fall apart. I feel as if this site might be my saviour on this journey. It has taken me since 2007 to lose 39 lbs but still have another 38 to go and i don't want it to take me another 4 years. Pleasefeel free to friend me, I am new to the site also.
  • Simomofmich
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I have been on a long journey for the last couple of years. I do well, then fall apart, pick myself up, then fall apart. I feel as if this site might be my saviour on this journey. It has taken me since 2007 to lose 39 lbs but still have another 38 to go and i don't want it to take me another 4 years. Pleasefeel free to friend me, I am new to the site also.

Good luck!

Discipline and dedication!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    keep up the good work!
  • Diamonds_R4_Ever
    Options
    Hi, MFP friends are very important, they provide motivation, inspiration, and support. I applaud you on making the decision and commitment to get into better shape. Looks like you've been doing pretty good by yourself, but I can bet you that the more you utilize the tools (which includes the members) the better success you'll have. MFP can get you through it, you just need to keep coming back for more :)!!! HINT: Login regularly, and be an active member. Feel free to add me to your support circle.

7940140.png[/url]