Getting back on track

Options
Following my holiday I've really been struggling to watch what I eat.
I've upped my gym sessions and naturally I'm finding myself more hungry.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice as to how to get back into logging every single thing I eat and how to start losing some of this holiday weight again?

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Just...start. Start taking inventory, you can't make a plan unless you know what you're dealing with, right? Log your meals accurately, log your exercise and see where you're at. Sometimes having it all out in front of you makes it easier to see where you can make some changes to help you along. Also don't set an aggressive loss, if you only have a small amount to lose (like 30lb or under) it'll go smoother at .5lbs/week, 1lb/week if you can swing it.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! Gained 8 lbs during my holiday and going to start my diet today. The first few pounds are sodium or water weight. We can do this. I find what works for me is seeing results...stick at it for 2 weeks and once you see results you will feel motivated to keep going.
  • ctaps
    ctaps Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Two things make my logging easier. First, I eat similar meals. I have the same smoothie for breakfast every day and all I do is 'swipe to add yesterdays breakfast'. Second, I don't add foods that I'm not concerned about calorie or macro wise. ie. I won't add the peppers or onions I put in my omelette. I'm more concerned with keeping my fats and proteins in check than I am fiber or vitamins.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I think it's worth training yourself to separate logging from eating at a deficit. No one's going to yell at you if you log over your calories, but its a good way to keep yourself accountable even if you're not at a deficit. Once you're logging again, look at if anything has changed to lead to you being more hungry. One clear answer would be that you've upped your workouts, so of course you'll need a little more to fuel that. Maybe the goal is just to eat at maintenance for a little bit to ease yourself back into a deficit. Good luck!
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I started eating a lot of Lean Cuisine for lunch when I got lazy. I could scan the barcode, maybe add a small piece of fruit, and call it done. One thing that "helped" me was sometimes I just didn't eat something if I didn't feel like logging it. If I wasn't willing to take a minute to do that, I must not have actually been all that hungry.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    sienna768 wrote: »
    Following my holiday I've really been struggling to watch what I eat.
    I've upped my gym sessions and naturally I'm finding myself more hungry.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice as to how to get back into logging every single thing I eat and how to start losing some of this holiday weight again?

Once you've started logging, things remain in your history, and are easy to add.

Logging only takes a few minutes a day, max. That's less time scrolling down on Facebook - surely a win!