What are some of your easy Keto/low carb meals?

Options
xScarlettz
xScarlettz Posts: 12 Member
:D Trying to learn new recipes

Replies

• photogmkr
    photogmkr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lazy Cabbage Rolls = https://thedomesticman.com/2014/11/25/lazy-stuffed-cabbage-rolls/#more-9102

This is an awesome recipe that is easy to make and easy to build up with different spices, meats.

I also love Spaghetti Squash Pizza Boats. They are very quick and easy.

InstaPot and my spiralizer have helped me along big time.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites ever was a meatball or sausage sandwich, without the bread. I'm not sure how nuts you get about counting carbs from vegetables (I never cared, personally), but this is how I'd do it:

-Fry up some onions, bell pepper, garlic, even a habanero or jalapeno for heat
    -Cook and cut up some Italian sausage or meatballs
    -Top the veggies with the meat
    -Hit it with some marinara and/or parmesan and/or mozzarella, if you desire
    -Mack away
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    You know, we actually do stuff like that a lot. Instead of fish tacos (and, honestly, corn tortillas aren't that bad), just omit the tortilla and put everyone on a bed of cabbage and a crema-type sauce. Ditto cheesesteaks and BLTs and stuff. Just turn your sandwich into a salad.
  • timeisfiction
    timeisfiction Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You know, we actually do stuff like that a lot. Instead of fish tacos (and, honestly, corn tortillas aren't that bad), just omit the tortilla and put everyone on a bed of cabbage and a crema-type sauce. Ditto cheesesteaks and BLTs and stuff. Just turn your sandwich into a salad.

Definitely! You can use lettuce as your bun too.
  • christineorr711
    christineorr711 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just saw your topic. I just posted this in dinner recipes as well. It's "pure" and "Paleo".

I have this in my fridge at all times. For some reason, it's very satisfying, has great flavor and it's also Paleo.

Spicy Beef with Okra

2 Tbs olive oil
    Any seasoning (I've used Tone's six-pepper, adobo, Chipotle) as much or as little for taste.
    2 1/2 lbs 90% lean sirloin
    2 cups okra (fresh or quick thaw 1 pkg frozen in colander under water)
    2 chopped Jalapenos
    1 cup cut cilantro

Brown meat in olive oil in deep pan or Dutch oven. Add seasoning and peppers. Let simmer for five or so minutes. Add okra. Cover and simmer another five to ten minutes. Add cilantro last or use as garnish because it loses its taste if cooked too long.

I also will heat this up and make a taco salad of sorts!! Spring mix, Hungarian hot wax peppers, cucumbers with an avocado pepper dressing...
  • hunters90
    hunters90 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Interested in this as well
  • kazzababy6
    kazzababy6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sounds great