Shoe recommendations

Options
I'm just starting back to working out. Can any ladies make a recommendation on shoes? I'm heavy and I'll be on a treadmill and lifting. Thank you

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I'd go to a store that specializes in athletic footwear (I go to Running Room, but I'm not sure where you're at or what stores would fit that bill in your area) and ask. I've got flat feet and wear Saucony Redeemers, which replaced their 'Stabil' model. For me, they're a great walking shoe and I'd recommend them to anyone who needed a shoe with that kind of support. That may or may not be you.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I recommend going to a running store. I went to one here in my town and the employee not only had me try on five pairs of shoes from different brands, he had me jog in front of him so he could analyze my gait. I ended up with the most comfortable workout shoes I've ever owned. Also, when I run in them I don't get shin splints or hip or knee pain. Well worth spending the time to find the right fit!
  • shawnamomma74
    shawnamomma74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thank you I'll try and find a specialty store locally
  • mail2dijaw
    mail2dijaw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Asics are quiet good. might be on the pricy side but worth the money
  • shawnamomma74
    Options
    Thx. I bought some Brooks. They seem supportive in the arch. I hope they are good. Kinda spendy but I need good shoes. I won't stick with working out if my feet are killing me. Right?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Glad you found a good pair!
  • mail2dijaw
    mail2dijaw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thx. I bought some Brooks. They seem supportive in the arch. I hope they are good. Kinda spendy but I need good shoes. I won't stick with working out if my feet are killing me. Right?

Great!! and ofcourse a good pair of shoes is v important. Better to spend a little more for something comfortable and supportive instead of buy cheap and regret later.

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    And it begins :)

Shoes for the treadmill.

Shoes for walking

Shoes for running outside on pavement

Shoes for running outside on gravel paths

Shoes for running outside on trails

Ask me how I know. Go on. Ask me

I watch for sales on last years models at Running room.
  • shawnamomma74
    Options
    It will be a long while before I'm running anywhere so I'm not too worried about it.