51, Wanting to feel better in my skin

Options
no6016
no6016 Posts: 44 Member
I am 51, work from home on the computer. Work never stops, there is always something. Add to that several hard years of emotional drama and trauma and here I am. Thicker. I never considered myself an emotional eater until I realized how much I was nibbling here and there in an effort to find something that tasted good to my numb mind, soul, and taste buds. In my world it is highly likely that in my next few months more drama could unfold with my father who is 78, who I work with a bit but am essentially estranged. I just don't want to eat myself through another crisis.
My marriage is now thankfully secure. My college son seems to be on a good path finally. Ideally I would like to lose 15 pounds, and be firmer. Or really 20. I am short and my joints and feet would already like to propel less weight. Would like to help my teen daughter lose some too. But I gotta lead. I just arranged for a meal plan delivery service to give me a preparatory edge, but snacking (on junk or just too much) to keep my blood sugar stable will be my challenge. I have my vitamins ready, my water cups lined up and my portioned meals are here. I just joined this app. I have a Fitbit. For me I will have to put me before my house or garden or work or volunteer work. That's a tuffie. I am starting this journey as I want to feel better in my bones. If I sound like you please add me as part of your community. My goal is to post daily about how the day was and my wins and challenges.

Replies

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Welcome! A lot of people here struggle with emotional eating, and there's a ton of good information in past threads about how people have dealt with the same issues you're facing now. If you have some time, you might get some good ideas by using the Search feature and looking for emotional eating threads.
  • no6016
    no6016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • shnookie70
    shnookie70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi! I totally understand emotional eating. And boredom eating. And eating just cuz. I love food and I love to eat. But for me, I had a moment kind of like when I quit smoking. I just came to this realization that enough was enough. I'm so sick and tired of being the fattest person in the picture, or not taking pictures because I hate the way I look. It's like an addiction and I've gotta kick it. Welcome to the community, you will find lots of ways to motivate yourself and support here.