Over 40 and looking for support from the same

Options
Tarak15
Tarak15 Posts: 19 Member
I have about 60 lbs to lose and have found that after hitting 40 it is so tough. Would love to create a group that understands the commitment it takes after 40 to lose the weight. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck to all on this journey!

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Sent a FR. Age is just a number kind of like the scale. Focus on body composition and being healthy.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I hear ya! And it just creeps right up on you too. It's like ***BAM***, where the heck did that gut come from?! lol. Anyway, I was about 50 pounds overweight at age 44 and now I'm 51 and probably in the best shape of my life, so it CAN be done. Hang in there!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and am here to maintain my weight and focus on my fitness, body composition and health. I might gain a few Ibs at some point. I have my diary open to friends. Feel free to add me as I am very active on here and always check what everyone on my list is doing.
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    It still can be done. I am 64 and in the best shape of my life
  • Chummychub67
    Chummychub67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join.
    Over 40, about 107kg and for the first time ever am actually motivated and determined to lose weight.
    This is the first weight loss site I've joined. Hope we can all help each other towards our goals.
  • zoltanmcc
    zoltanmcc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number and we all remember the saying "it is harder when we get older" which is so true.. but you can do this because you are worth it!..Go strong!!!