Ladies... PMS

Options
Is it just me or are you ladies more hungry during your menstrual cycle and have more cravings during that time too?

Replies

• bentleytino2010
    bentleytino2010 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    You're the only one. I've never heard of this before this thread.

Lol. I cant be the only one! Well I hope not.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I have had them in the past. I've been on MFP for about 10 months now. During that time, I've stepped up my physical activity—which seems to have reduced my hunger and food cravings overall. Also, part of my strength training involves abdominals (bicycle crunches, dead bugs, modified jackknifes off a stability ball, and planking) and I've noticed that as those have gotten stronger, my cramping and... er... other stomach issues have lessened. It wouldn't shock me to find out that working that area specifically also impacted my cravings.

Mostly, I keep low calorie snacks on hand, as it is. A couple of cups of popcorn, a veggie dog, or some sliced pickles and I'm good. I find that when I do have cravings, they're more for salty foods. If you want sweet, I go for dry cereal. Specifically Quaker Corn Squares, which, on the sweetness 'spectrum' is probably about 75% of the way between Cheerios and Golden Grahams. (I.E., it's definitely not in the same league as the sugar-frosted marshmallow stuff, but it's got a sweet flavor.)
  • Shelah_A
    Shelah_A Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

You made me laugh so bad LOL...

I do experience that also, I crave everything but then I have to control or else gonna gain weight :/
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    :wink:

OP, it certainly varies by person and a woman may find that it varies by cycle. You can tough your way through it or up your calories for a few days to see if that helps. Here's a thread about the female menstrual cycle that discusses it a bit.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10359984/women-menstrual-cycle-weight-and-fitness-matters/p1
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Hungry and cravings during PMS, hungry and craving during menstruation too... Maybe increase baseline calorie allowance and fill meal plan with more delicious food.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options

*applauds* I want to say this every time I see "is anybody on <whatever diet>" :D i mostly stop myself