Replies

• _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    The "I just crawled out of bed" look
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    To get specific: Jackets suppressed at waist, no cuff or break at leg, no pleats.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Post-modern preppy. Classic with a bit of an edge. I try to find not-so-boring basics and mix and accessorize in a way that creates an interesting look. Years ago, when I still lived in Manhattan, somebody commented that my look was "so New York." But everything I had on could have been found at a Gap store st any mall across America.

Although I am frequently drawn to all things flowy and tie dyed, I know the bohemian look tends not to flatter me. I am better suited to more tailored fitted looks.

I feel best when I am a little more dressed up...although my Florida mom lifestyle is definitely on the casual side, I would rather err on the side of overdressed than under.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Workout clothes... or sexy bodycon dresses
  • KaroshiQueen
    KaroshiQueen Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    tn3f05vc710d.jpg

• jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I dress for the occasion. Work Business suits, weddings tux or suit, hanging around the house sweatpants and a Bazinga embroidered t-shirt. Gym shorts and a shirt..I feel it respectful to the person who invited you to dress for the occasion. Do not show up to a couple dinner at a nice restaurant in a cubbies jersey
  • JadeQuetzal
    JadeQuetzal Posts: 95 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    dresses, shorts, or capris (think hot topic, tea, and skater style dresses)
    cold shoulder, tee, or cami when it's warm

jeans or leggings under a dress
    long sleeved shirt or cami with cardigan when it's cold

sandals when warm, sneakers when walking a lot, flats when it's chilly and boots when it's cold (think slouch boots with an occasional strap/buckle? My husband says that my boot taste makes me look like puss in boots)

I almost never wear makeup of any kind and I hate shoe shopping because I'm so picky that it takes me forever to find a pair that I like. I don't follow the fashion world or care about what's in style. I don't really have a particular style, but I pretty much go between "ready for yard work", "ready for a picnic" and "ready to make a guest appearance in an anime"
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »

Although I am frequently drawn to all things flowy and tie dyed, I know the bohemian look tends not to flatter me. I am better suited to more tailored fitted looks.

I feel best when I am a little more dressed up...

This definitely describes me too, especially for work. I like the idea of a flowy boho tunic and leggings with boots look but I'm a lot better off with a somewhat fitted, structured dress, tights, and boots. Easily takes off fifteen pounds for my figure type.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    A thread about taste in clothing and not one of you heathens has mentioned edible undies.
    Nicely done everyone.

giphy.webp
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    A thread about taste in clothing and not one of you heathens has mentioned edible undies.
    Nicely done everyone.

giphy.webp

Some of us have warnings and are trying to be extra good for a week

Considering the pickle fiasco you're lucky it's only warnings.
  • Caporegiem
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nicely done everyone.

giphy.webp

Some of us have warnings and are trying to be extra good for a week

Considering the pickle fiasco you're lucky it's only warnings.

Wow, excusez-moi but the pickle has become legend. You can't warn against that.

I admit I may have a bias against pickles, and maybe a slight grudge that addictedtosugar hasn't blessed me with one of her notifications lately.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I like to follow my main damie Tracy's words of wisdom:

wc08rm7wenjy.jpg
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    White tank, distressed jeans and flip flops. That's my spring and summer attire. Add a draping cardigan and switch to cute boots and that's my fall and winter attire. I'm pretty simple.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Free or thrifted is my only style.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Gym clothes. I work in them and would rather wear them than anything else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • NoFlippinWhey_
    NoFlippinWhey_ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wide variety. Lounge pants and white shirt when relaxing at home. Gym clothes at the gym, obviously..

If I had it my way, I'd stay nekked.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Nicely done everyone.

giphy.webp

Most of us are trying to lose weight! I decided to look this up: they generally range from 100 to well over 300 calories per serving. (The g-string is 2 servings....don't know why, but okay). And very little nutrition.
  • AshleyAppleJuice
    AshleyAppleJuice Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My dream aesthetic is that one girl in a thick sweater who brings in Starbucks every day.
    I know it sounds specific, but I've actually seen quite a few of them and they always have a comfy chill laid back vibe.

My current clothing style is always considered goth by other people.
    I don't think so.. well.. I have black hair.. wear black makeup....black clothing (it's slimming)..
    Okay, I might be. Damn!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I would have to say boho chic. I love Free People.

But I also love White House Black Market and Michael Kors tops.