30DS or Chalean Extreme?

Options
I am looking to drop about 8-10 lbs and get leaner. I am doing turbo fire in the mornings and will continue to use that as cardio. I have done both 30DS and CE before. I would love input as to which I should do in the afternoons - CE or 30DS to help achieve my "goal body".
Thanks in advance for the info :)

Replies

• kylies1219
    kylies1219 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • beckywallin
    Options
    I've never done CE and I'm new to the whole "getting healthy" bit ... I am doing 30DS and I lost 10lbs in the first 4 weeks and I really like it. It makes me sweat, but since I've never done the other, I don't know.
  • shiransom
    shiransom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've done both. I like 30DS better.
  • egrider
    egrider Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is 30DS? I have P90X but it is too hard for me right now.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    if turbo fire is cardio, then I'd do chalean extreme for strength.
    I found the 30 ds boring, not because the exercises were easy(!), but because it was the same routine for 10 days. I prefer Chalean because I do something different every day.
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    How do you like Turbo Fire? I've been thinking of giving it a try, but Im worried about struggling with the "choreography".
    Egrider- what is it that you are struggling with in P90X? I became a P90X grad in May, so I might be able to help. Just remember to modify! What version are you doing?
    Ashlee
  • SuperHeroRipped
    Options
    Disclaimer: I am a coach with beachbody

honestly i would roll with 30DS. CE is a great program for building muscle but its not the best for burning off the last layers of fat. You need something that is more of a combination of weights and cardio. That is exactly what Jillian will give you in 30DS a total body burn. The beachbody program i would suggest is Asylum its 30days and more complete than 30DS, BUT 30DS is easier to stick to and actually complete. I hope that helps
  • prekteachr
    prekteachr Posts: 10
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE turbofire, but here the thing...I did Turbo jam for a few years before I got turbo fire - so I know the moves. TF has A LOT of plyometrics, so unless you are really hardcore, i'd start with turbo jam.
    Good luck!
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    Thanks Prekteachr! I have Turbo Jam but don't do it too often, maybe I'll start using that one again to familiarize myself with the moves again before I try Turbo Fire. I'm currently doing P90X and did Insanity, both of which include a ton of Plyo too, so I think I'd be okay there :)