Where do you look for inspiration?

Options
Whether it is for being more healthy or losing weight; where do you look for inspiration? Is it an athlete, actor, singer, model, friend, or family member? Or a book, movie, magazine, tv show, website, etc.?
:heart:

Replies

• krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    THE ENTIRE WOMEN'S NATIONAL SOCCER TEAM.
  • marshmallowmind
    marshmallowmind Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I spend a lot of my time on Tumblr so most of my inspiration is from there. There's always pictures of these stick thin models, or gorgeous toned girls in tiny outfits & I just makes me more motivated to work harder to look like that.
    But If I had to pick one person? Taylor Momsen. Simple as. I love her figure so very much, incredibly jealous.
  • Marsha_S
    Marsha_S Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My first inspiration is the Lord:smile:, then I am inspired by my son because my hope is to be on this earth to see my grandchildren:flowerforyou: .
  • Deadhype
    Deadhype Posts: 4
    Options
    I look to my 1 year old son and know that I am doing the right things to set a good example for him on healthy living and portion control
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I make a list of my non-scale victories. That keeps me going. I am all the motivation I need :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I never look to celebs or magazines or TV because they're either fake, too skinny, or have personal trainers they can afford. Instead, I look to my best friend, because we diet and exercise together, keeping each other on track. This year, I'm using my inspiration as the half marathon I'm doing in January because I'm running for charity with my best friend. :)

I also use myself as inspiration with clothes, my self esteem, etc.

And of course, people on here! :D
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Tumblr =] The super thin skeletons that I keep finding on there don't inspire me, but there's a lot of pictures of nicely toned bodies that do.
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I look at the before-and-after pics in the Success Stories section of MFP! They're AMAZING!
  • nfrank43
    nfrank43 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My 3 1/2 year old and disabled 17 year old! I should have looked to them especially my 17 year old years ago!
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I look to my son. He is 11 years old and an amazing athlete. He plays two sports and trains so hard year round. Even during his off season right now he is asking to work out with his trainer for 2 hours three times a week. He does strength training with weights that would kill me. But most importantly he loves it.

His whole time playing sports we have always told him it doesn't matter if you are the best as long as you try your hardest and put in your best effort. I realized one day that I wasn't doing that for myself and so that is my inspiration. To not ask more of him than I do of myself.

He isn't particularly an inspiration in his eating, but he is so thin and works out so much he could eat anything in the world. In that respect I am trying to teach him better habits so he doesn't struggle with weight if he isn't ever as active.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I never look to celebs or magazines or TV because they're either fake, too skinny, or have personal trainers they can afford. Instead, I look to my best friend, because we diet and exercise together, keeping each other on track. This year, I'm using my inspiration as the half marathon I'm doing in January because I'm running for charity with my best friend. :)

I also use myself as inspiration with clothes, my self esteem, etc.

And of course, people on here! :D

Very well said!
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My first inspiration is the Lord:smile:, then I am inspired by my son because my hope is to be on this earth to see my grandchildren:flowerforyou: .

I agree!

Also, my family has been an inspiration to me this time. Not so much in the past, but I guess they needed to see me be serious before they became a serious inspiration. We're all on board now!
  • natijade
    natijade Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My Mum-friends, my boyfriend who diets and works out with me and myself- how far I've come already, how well I'm doing and my determination so far! Can't let myself down now!!!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Nike commercials. I like looking in my Cosmo mag. I know it is air brushed but those cloths are beautiful and the women look good in them and I would love to be able to wear things like that. Not the stick thin part but just have a body that can pull that off haha
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Honestly there isn't really one person or one thing that inspires me.

When I'm having a bad day, struggling to swim that extra lap of the pool, cycle the last hill, do those last few sit ups I just draw on something inside me. I can't even describe what it is but it's nobody/nothing else it's all inside my own head. I am the only one who can push myself, I am the only one who can make it happen.

I've just developed my own motivation, kind of head strong attitude, determination, whatever you want to call it. Some of you guys on here give me great encouragment which is fantastic but at the end of the day only I can make a change.

Do I sound mental?

nik
  • laurenkuta
    Options
    I usually love looking at star magazine while I'm working out...I don't want to be as thin as the celebs, but I love seeing all of the beautiful clothes they are in. I can't wait till I lose enough weight to look good in my clothes again!
  • trigrrl
    trigrrl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    this ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obdd31Q9PqA

reminds me to stop coming up with reasons why not...and focus on reasons why
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    I look to Beachbody and my team. They have forums that i read and also I consult my coach and my team that I have recruited. They always push me. Plus my idol is Chalene Johnson and i follow her on Facebook & Twitter.
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    The skinny cow my ex cheated on me with.

I WILL look better then her!!!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Fitness models or girls in action films. I don't admire skinny, skinny can be genes or unhealthy habits. I admire girls that look healthy, can kick butt and have worked for their physique.