Just ate over 1000 cals of Graham crackers :(

Options
Ugh! My kids don't start school until next week and they are driving me CRAZY!!!! So obviously when I had two seconds alone without them, I ate over 1000 calories of Graham crackers. Not sure where to go from here... I guess low carb the rest of the day? Sigh....

Replies

• Raegold
    Raegold Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Just want to mention that it didn't seem like over 1000 calories at the time... only realized when I went to track in MFP
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Ah, yes...I do this occasionally. I just try to eat less throughout the rest of the day, but if I go over my calorie goal I'll cut the next couple of days by 250cal or so and add a mile or so to a run later in the week.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    What's done is done, just keep moving forward.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    What to do? Log it and Come up with a p!an for what you will do different next time! Maintenance is a series of adjustments.
  • pmnelson1
    pmnelson1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Start prepping food for tomorrow. Move on
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It'll be okay. If it were me, I'd eat a nice big salad with low calorie dressing for dinner and start anew tomorrow.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Log it, learn from it (even if it's just how many calories per cracker!), forgive yourself and move on.

That^^
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    If it's feasible, maybe aim to eat at maintenance today and start fresh tomorrow. So if your weight loss goal is 1 lb/wk for example, going 500 Cal over for the day just gets you to maintenance.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Oh, man -- in my pre-Celiac days, I loved graham crackers! My parents would only let us have one a day, though. I'm a little envious right now. :)

On topic: what everyone else said. It happened. Move on. At least it was something tasty. :smile:
  • Loser_53
    Loser_53 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's a lesson learned and time to move forward. You will know better the next time.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Raegold wrote: »
    Ugh! My kids don't start school until next week and they are driving me CRAZY!!!! So obviously when I had two seconds alone without them, I ate over 1000 calories of Graham crackers. Not sure where to go from here... I guess low carb the rest of the day? Sigh....

It happens. Try and figure out if there was a particular trigger: were you stressed? Was it because they just were there? Were you hungry and didn't want to take the time to fix a meal? If you can figure out where your mind was at at the time, perhaps you can take steps to not do it again.

If it was just a matter of mindless eating, remember to weigh out foods first. You you want a graham cracker or two? Weigh them out, log them so you know what you are eating, and enjoy.

Regarding the day, OK, so you wiped out a couple of days deficit. Log it and move on. 1000 calories is only going to break the weight loss routine if you do not move on from it and get back in the groove. I don't try to make up for it because that seems to start a binge-restriction cycle. I DO try to be as accurate in my logging for a couple of days and try to drink a bit more fluids, especially if I overate on carbs.