herbalife??

Options
hi, anyone is doing herbalife? i just started 2 days ago.. would be cool to speak to people that are doing the same thing

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Expensive as heck. Stuff can be found at stores. MLM pyramid scheme.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have tried out the Herbalife diet and also been a rep for a while. I'm also a registered nutritionist. The above comments are a little too one sided but I'm happy to give you advice if needed.

Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist. A registered dietitian is what people should be looking for.

Also as a "rep", you are certainly not impartial and likely repeat the dishonest claims of the company.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Op, you may find this informative ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=s6MwGeOm8iI

eta: the whole thing is awesome, but he talks specifically about herbalife starting at the 8:40 mark.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Meal replacements aren't very popular here and it make sense if you think about it. Though, I'll admit, I've done them in the past.....I always gained the weight back.

Meal replacements aren't popular here because this is a site designed for people to measure and log portions.
    Meal replacements help you skip all that "tedious" work.

But we need to do that work (there really are no short cuts) because learning where our mistakes are is how we are going to keep the weight (we lose) off. Meal replacements don't "teach" anything. Losing weight is just the first step.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have tried out the Herbalife diet and also been a rep for a while. I'm also a registered nutritionist. The above comments are a little too one sided but I'm happy to give you advice if needed.

You're not supposed to admit your a salesman. You should make it seem like it was the best thing that ever happened to you and then go for the sale. :s

He skipped that chapter in the Herbal life handbook,.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I tried it. In fact I liked the ease of it and to me the taste wasn't to bad. I had lost some weight while on it in fact. Here is the problem I had with it...1. It's expensive, 2. I missed chewing my food, 3. Did I mention it's expensive lol and 4 how do I learn about portion size.

I do still drink meal replacement shakes like this week for example I have some medical issues going on so it's easier for me. I do normally now weigh everything that goes in my mouth on a food scale and guess what I'm learning about portions and I can do this life long so I will never get back over 300 lbs again!

If it works for you great but please while your doing it start thinking about your forever plan. What can you maintain the rest of your life? Learn about proper portions...knowledge is power :)
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    stpjalg1huta.jpg
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I used it for a bit, but I could not do it as two meal replacements I was very hungry. I also bought a different protein powder because I don't like soy based I wanted a whey protein, and what I bought was cheaper and bigger. I would say forget it, focus on CICO and you will succeed.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    A sales rep for the company is the most one sided view you will get. Their job is to make you but what they are selling. They will say whatever they have to to close the sale.
    Anything with "diet" at the end is not making a sustainable change in how ones approaches eating and fitness.