Mommas to littles!? Help a sister out

Options
halmej
halmej Posts: 12 Member
In the last 2 months I have lost 20 pounds, but recently have started going back to old ways. I have 3 small children and tend to lose sight if myself in all of the chaos!

Replies

• buellkyleej
    buellkyleej Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Follow a routine as much as you can.. get your kids on a routine as well... If your kids have a tv time or nap time use that time for your workout.. I get up before kids and do treadmill... tv time or nap time is for other workouts.... after I put them to bed I am on elliptical again...
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    As a mom to 3 kiddos I have a very difficult time focusing on myself. My kids needs come first and thus I am now 60 pounds heavier than I should be. At first I had a very difficult time fitting exercise into my day. I used to fix dinner for them and dinner for me. I was frustrated. I do not have the answer but I can pass on a bit of what I have learned. My kids are finally understanding that their mom needs time to take care of herself. I used to feel guilty if I put on a bit of TV to get exercise time. But I now think that it is a good thing for them to see me putting exercise as an important thing. I then have more energy after exercising and we usually end up doing something really fun. I usually tell them that mom has to do her exercise then we will _________. The food thing is still an issue. I am trying to change all of our eating habits (mine probably more drastically) and finding foods that everyone will eat (and in our budget) continues to be a challenge. But if they end up with better eating habits because of it then worth every minute of frustration.
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Its hard to juggle it all. I certainly feel the same. As cliché as it sounds you really do have to try to get a schedule down. I have 3 kids with the youngest being 8 months old. It can be chaotic but if you make health & fitness one of your priorities then you will find a way to schedule it in. Whether it be staying up a little later to food prep or workout or getting up before the kiddies. For me, my baby girl goes to bed around 7. So after she goes to bed I workout (my other 2 kids go to bed at 9...they are 12 and 6) So after my workout I shower and get everything ready for the next day. Pack lunches, prep, etc! I most certainly don't feel like working out at the end of the day since I work full time and i'm usually worn or "lazy" but I do it anyway. This is going into my 2nd week of working out consistently.
  • halmej
    Options
    Thanks ladies!! My kids are fine with me exercising, they like to join In! But it is getting my butt going that I struggle with. After a week or two it gets easier and I look forward to it! As for our eating habits, I struggle a bit too. I would live for my family to all eat the same meals but usually it ends up being I make a meal for my kids and my husband and I eat something else
  • halmej
    Options
    Tabitha I really need to set a schedule and prep!! Healthy choices are so much easier when you can grab it and it's good to go. Thanks!
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Scheduling exercise has been key for me. I used to fit it in when I could, or do it after the kids went to sleep (which was ridiculous). Now I schedule it in and treat it like a job. I attempt to do it the same time each week but I look ahead at our crazy schedule and if I need to change a session then I move it to another time. I am not allowing myself to cancel it because of another obligation. I am just starting with this so I really can't preach but so far it has been good for me.