100+ lbs to lose? Comment here!

Options
Hi. New friends welcome. I am trying to lose 100+lbs and would like some friends to join me on this journey for motivation and support!

Replies

• linawhitacre
    linawhitacre Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi. New friends welcome. I am trying to lose 100+lbs and would like some friends to join me on this journey for motivation and support!

Here for you! I need to lose 60+ pounds and we can do it together :)
  • QUEENxo1992
    QUEENxo1992 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I added you. Hope you don't mind.
  • QUEENxo1992
    Options
    Already did that. Was is hard, yes. Did I want to quit, often (but I finally didn't). While I know only one way to make it work long term (2.5 years and counting), I am an expert on a 1000 things that don't. I still need to drop a bit more to get to "normal". 2.5lbs more and I get a huge goal: I will weight what I lost, I'll be half my size then when I started.

Feel free to add me, ask me anything, vent, just want some support, motivation, someone who isn't going to criticize because you had a bad day (I've had bad weeks), I know exactly how painful everyday things can be..(excuse me Mr fitness guru, but no, a 2 mile jog isn't an option - it's painful on the joints to walk 1/2 a mile!) - yep, I actually said that one to someone who tried to give me advice but has never been obese, when I was morbidly obese.

Adding you. Thank you. I can't wait to be friends :)

• Volbeat79
    Volbeat79 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had 125 to lose and I've lost 83! Glad to give others support!
  • QUEENxo1992
    Options
    Volbeat79 wrote: »
    Hi! I had 125 to lose and I've lost 83! Glad to give others support!
    added you, thank you

• esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I started out on MFP with over 100 pounds to lose almost six years ago. It's been a long up and down battle and I've spent most of my time in the 40-70 pounds lost range. I'm focused on finishing this voyage, no matter how long it takes and I'm currently less than five pounds from my adult low.

I can't guarantee it will be easy or happen quickly but with determination you can do this! Best of luck on your journey and I'd be happy to provide support.
  • OneHndClapin
    OneHndClapin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've got about 130 to go to get to my goal weight. One day at a time. Some days better than others. Glad to be on this journey with others.
  • carrie0210
    carrie0210 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello - I, also, need to drop 100+ pounds. It's been a life long battle, but I know it can be done. Just takes time, determination, and the willingness to change your lifestyle.

Feel free to add me.
  • QUEENxo1992
    Options
    M
    carrie0210 wrote: »
    Hello - I, also, need to drop 100+ pounds. It's been a life long battle, but I know it can be done. Just takes time, determination, and the willingness to change your lifestyle.

Feel free to add me.

Added you. Thank you.

• happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I have over 100 pounds to loose and have lost 27 so far
  • Focus83
    Focus83 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. well over 100lbs to lose here too.
  • vjhouchin
    vjhouchin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started this week with my husband. Both of us have well over 100 to lose but we need to start somewhere... feel free to add me!
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hello. Feel free to add me. I had 125lbs to lose. I am currently down 78lbs. I am always looking to add more fit friends :)
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose close to 100 here. Just moved to a new state so looking to start a new fitness goal. Have slacked for 2 years and need to change.
  • tnpx3
    tnpx3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is to lose 120! Really started slacking after college and gained quite a bit working a desk job after gaining a lot throughout college. I just want to feel healthy and happy again :)
  • Coconut_Tim
    Coconut_Tim Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You guys trying to lose 100+, don't give up. It seems crazy that you have to lose 100+lbs but it can be done. I have done it two-fold. I am currently down 235. I am proof it can be done. It can be maintained. Don't give up, k? :D

If ya'll have any questions feel free to message me!
  • maiziev
    maiziev Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm working on losing 130 lbs and so far I'm down 13 pounds in the last 5 weeks started with eliminating sugar from my diet (for me the hardest part)..It can be done!
    Feel free to add me
  • lynzdee
    lynzdee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ lbs to go and am the heaviest I've been. I can't even count the number of times I have started this process. What is the definition of insanity? Trying the same thing over expecting different results. But I'm doing things differently this time. I'm not going to obsess over the scale and will weigh myself once a week. I've set a goal of loosing 100lbs, but plan on loosing more after I hit it, and the lbs per week to lose, I've set to .5. I have trouble with weight loss. It is always go big or go home, but that only works for me so long before I shut off and dive the other direction. Maybe this time I can learn to take things easy and be nicer to myself and find a healthier, long term, path to travel. I don't have any other choice. I can't keep going the direction I am heading.