Question about calories?

Options
Okay, so i have calculated al my calories including what i will be having for dinner and I am way under what i am supposed to have/need. But, I am not hungry at all!! Do i eat something because of being so far under, or do i not worry about it?

Replies

• thecountrydays
    thecountrydays Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Okay, so i have calculated al my calories including what i will be having for dinner and I am way under what i am supposed to have/need. But, I am not hungry at all!! Do i eat something because of being so far under, or do i not worry about it?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    then add cals to your dinner. Some nuts, even a little handful can add like 200 cals. How far under are you? 100~ cals =no biggie, more than that, you will have too great a deficit for the day.

you can add olive oil, nuts, a spoonful of pb, lots of heart-healthy foods are calories dense without adding a lot of bulk.
  • thecountrydays
    thecountrydays Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help!!!
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    ok can i ask you both a question? somehow i cant seem to stay at my 1200 calories i always go over not much but slightly sometimes on the calories or carbs, sometimes the fat or protein..ugh i cant seem to get it right, im switching things up too.
  • cathrynej
    Options
    I would not eat just to eat. I think she is correct by adding to your dinner or give yourself a small treat for dessert. Even a glass of wine (if you drink) will add anywhere from 100-200 calories and red wine is good for you. :)
  • Julie837
    Options
    ok can i ask you both a question? somehow i cant seem to stay at my 1200 calories i always go over not much but slightly sometimes on the calories or carbs, sometimes the fat or protein..ugh i cant seem to get it right, im switching things up too.

You could try planning your meals ahead of time instead of being surprised afterwards, and hopefully it will become more routine. Hope that helps, j
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    ok i will, but do you think thats not enough calories? i hear sooo many people saying thats not quite enough i dont want to shock my body everyone here its telling them 1200 calories and we are all almost the same weight...ugh
  • melisay
    melisay Posts: 75 Member
    Options

also can i add here what do i do if i still have calories remaining to eat right now i am about 322 or so but i am always in negative for protein ! now how can i get 300 calories with no more protein

oi this is a bit harder than i thought

thank you
  • evelynb1
    Options
    I also have a problem hitting all four categories, if I hit the calories, i am usually over on protein and or carbs. Trying to hit a balance is very difficult. I have gone from hardly eating anything and gaining weight :grumble: to eating everything under the sun to make my calories etc and actually losing weight which is quite amazing to me. :bigsmile: My doctor has told me for years to eat less and exercise more (I'm talking toast for breakfast a yogurt for lunch and an undersized dinner ) for years and now I'm still not eating breakfast but I eat snacks, a real lunch and a normal sized dinner. I also tend to ramble as you can see, must be all those calories going to my head:laugh: Any suggestions would be helpful for this newbie.
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    thanks for the input! im driving myself nuts, im losing...but i can never seem to have a day where i dont go in the negative on SOMETHING..............LOL :sad:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    This site always seemed low to me for protein, so it's not a big deal if you go over a bit on it. You might want to try resetting your goals and changing your percentages for protein and carbs. I changed mine to 45% carbs, 25% fat, 30% protein. Another person I know changed theirs to be 40% carbs, 20% fat, 40% protein. It's kind of a play until you find what works for you thing.
  • ksharp01
    Options
    I think the site is already to low on the cals....it apparently is giving us all 1,200 and we are all different and all have different goals....but I also seem to be under and will make myself include more heathly snakes inbetween meals to help keep my metabolism going. I can be hard sometimes when I'm just not hungry. Even if just a piece of fruit or almonds or a spoon of peanut butter...something.
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    I'm RARELY positive across the board! Meaning, if I'm ok on carbs and cals, I'm over on protein and sugars. It never fails! I've decided to mainly concentrate on the cals, carbs and fat. That's just me. If I stress myself out too much and become too rigid, I'm afraid of throwing in the towel. Making it loose works for me!
  • ksharp01
    Options
    eat more! but smaller healthy portions! this is key...I myself HATE breakfest so I have gotten to where I'll at least have a slimfast drink with some fruit, handful of healthy cereral (dry) or a hard boiled egg. Try taking your meals and eating every 4-5 hours but NOTHING after 7:00
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I think the site is already to low on the cals....it apparently is giving us all 1,200 and we are all different and all have different goals....but I also seem to be under and will make myself include more heathly snakes inbetween meals to help keep my metabolism going. I can be hard sometimes when I'm just not hungry. Even if just a piece of fruit or almonds or a spoon of peanut butter...something.

I think that everyone must be entering that they want to lose 2 lbs a week, because it put me at 1400, when I only put 1 lb a week in as my goal loss. I also have a sit down job, so I put that I have a sedentary lifestyle. If I had put that I had an active lifestyle it would have given me more calories too....

Please everyone, reasses what your goals are!